Lasik Surgery

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

adamw

Feb 13, 2007
Disco Outcast
Wooah, I've often thought about this but it does scare me.
If it goes wrong etc etc - like that's it. Stevie Wonder.

Listen to me inspiring you with confidence here!!! :$

I really wish you good luck with this Loz - I've have heard it's really straightforward now - no more contact lenses?????
(that's got to be a good thing ;) )

Are you having both eyes done at the same time???

And let us know how you get on!!!! :D

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
It gave me the fear watching a program on how it was done and to see them slice the cornea so they can re-shape it with the laser was a 'there go me toes' moment for me - and was made worse by the fact you are wide awake while it's done :eyes:

It doesn't last either so in 5-10 years depending, you might have to have them re-done.

I know people who have had it done and think its great but also 2 people that said they regretted it and wished they'd stuck to contacts/gigs.

lozatronic

Jul 27, 2007
Toronto
cheers adam.. yeah, i'm having both eyes done at once..

I've always had problems with contact lenses due to my astigmatism.. so have been putting up with glasses (which I don't wear as much as I should) for years..

Apparently it's the best place in Canada and the first place in North America to have the new Zyoptix equipment.. The surgeon's a bit of a pioneer and has won loads of awards.. which makes me feel a lot better about it.. none of this back room in spec savers shit.. and it's still cheaper than having it done in the uk..

Just don't want to be faced with being in Thailand or Africa next year and not being able to see properly without wearing my glasses.. so i'm finally taking the plunge! :cool:

lozatronic

Jul 27, 2007
Toronto
It gave me the fear watching a program on how it was done and to see them slice the cornea so they can re-shape it with the laser was a 'there go me toes' moment for me - and was made worse by the fact you are wide awake while it's done :eyes:

It doesn't last either so in 5-10 years depending, you might have to have them re-done.

I know people who have had it done and think its great but also 2 people that said they regretted it and wished they'd stuck to contacts/gigs.

the place i'm having it done, follow-up surgeries (on the off chance they're required) are included.. so i'm not too worried about that part..

and they give you valium.. :D

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
im blind as a coot without my spex or lenses but i think ill cope with that - dont fancy laser surgery much - in fact i dont fancy any surgery tbh :$

im a wimp :p

adamw

Feb 13, 2007
Disco Outcast
yeah, i'm having both eyes done at once...

So how do you walk home with two eye patches on? LOL :p

No seriously, are you OK as soon as the treatment is complete?
Someone I knew had it done a while back, he had one eye done at a time, with a weeks gap in between and he had to walk round with an eye patch on the treated eye while it "healed".

The office christened him Cut-Throat Jake!

T.C

Sep 2, 2003
Dysfunction Junction
Someone I knew had it done a while back, he had one eye done at a time,

me too, and she had clear glass put in the newly-done side of her glasses til she could afford the other eye . Dunno why but that quite tickled me when she said :rofl: :crazy:

i'd prefer one eye at a time I think.. what if it went wrong?! :eek: :fekked: :(

Duke

So how do you walk home with two eye patches on? LOL :p

No seriously, are you OK as soon as the treatment is complete?
Someone I knew had it done a while back, he had one eye done at a time, with a weeks gap in between and he had to walk round with an eye patch on the treated eye while it "healed".

The office christened him Cut-Throat Jake!
this woman at work had it done n she just wore dark glasses , she said it was sweet ,

lozatronic

Jul 27, 2007
Toronto
yeah.. no need to wear eye patches... thank fook.. LOL

you just have to wear special sunglasses for the first 24 hours as your eyes are really light sensitive.. and you're not allowed to wear wool, or anything that causes lint etc, and you can't get your eyes wet for 24 hours.. that's it really..

you can start doing light exercise after 24 hours and most importantly start drinking again in 3 days.. :D

I don't have a problem with getting both done at once.. the place i'm going to is one of the best in North America.. the chances of anything going wrong are tiny.. even the risk of getting halo's around lights at night only occurs in 1% of patients and I think more serious complications are something like 1 in 50,000.. it'll be fine! :thumbsup: (goes and knocks on some wood!) :cops:

Joker Jen

VIP Gold Member
Oct 8, 2001
Secret Location in Gotham City
i'd prefer one eye at a time I think.. what if it went wrong?! :eek: :fekked: :(

They used to recommend u do one at a time but nowadays they say it's fine to have them both done at the same time! I keep thinkin about havin it done but the fact I'm not keen on anyone comin near my eyes and it only lasts 5-10 yrs puts me off :( :( :( :(

Pixie off here had hers done must have been 3 or so yrs ago and they've recommended her to wear specs :( :(

Miss C

May 18, 2003
New York
The second I have a few grand floating spare I am having it done :thumbsup: hell yes I am, since everything went fuzzy a few years back i've reeeeally started to appreciate my eyesight, an op like this totally improves a persons quality of life, and even if it did start to blurr again in 5-10 years, thats 5-10 years of being able to see properly!! we're only here for 80 or so.....well worth it.\

Good luck & let us know all the ins & outs.