Kylie tonight.....

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Pixie

Jul 16, 2001
Back oop north!
www.
Hey you lot. Long time no speak, I hope you're all ok.

I'm supposed to be going over to Manc tonight to see Kylie but wondered if it was worth the hassle with the weather and everythign as I'll be coming over the M62 from Leeds-way.

Any thoughts?

What's the weather like over there at the moment?

#
xxxxx

RetroAndy

Apr 4, 2002
wakefield
Hey you lot. Long time no speak, I hope you're all ok.

I'm supposed to be going over to Manc tonight to see Kylie but wondered if it was worth the hassle with the weather and everythign as I'll be coming over the M62 from Leeds-way.

Any thoughts?

What's the weather like over there at the moment?

#
xxxxx

I am not sure it would be a good idea. Its mad round here but i am sure you know that seen as your just down the road. Reckon we are gonna lose our leccy here cause it keeps on going off and we have already lost the warehouse lights :|

How mad is that only time i have been on today and your here lol

Skyving then ??

Pixie

Jul 16, 2001
Back oop north!
www.
I know, it's only just started raining properly down here but we've had to take allthe flagpoles down outside just in case and it's now blowing the rain sideways across the car park.

There's also reports of a tree blowing over in Sheffield and killing two people :| :eek: And numerous lorries going over on various motorways.

I'd like to see Kylie again but I'm nto sure it's worth risking although I'm not sure whether we'd get refunds or not if we don't go. :confused:

RetroAndy

Apr 4, 2002
wakefield
I know, it's only just started raining properly down here but we've had to take allthe flagpoles down outside just in case and it's now blowing the rain sideways across the car park.

There's also reports of a tree blowing over in Sheffield and killing two people :| :eek: And numerous lorries going over on various motorways.

I'd like to see Kylie again but I'm nto sure it's worth risking although I'm not sure whether we'd get refunds or not if we don't go. :confused:

If i was you i would stay at home and snuggle up in front of the fire with the cats rather than driving anywhere tonight especially on the m62. Jus sent our lad out in our van and he was bricking it. Especially when he has to come back empty. Dont envy him :|

ClaireW

Aug 1, 2003
Manchester
Its bad here too very windy although I have been told it supposed to be calming down later on today :S

Someone has been killed in Manchester City Centre when something was blown from a building and killed him lots of roads shut atm.

Wouldnt advise driving anywhere tbh Amy

DeeDee

May 13, 2002
Over the hill in St Helens
They are shutting all the schools and colleges here, just looked out of the window and there is only our fence still standing.....looks like a blooming tornado has struck... might stick a piccie up later!!! sister in law has said that the scaffolding at her daughters school has just flown past the window and demolished a car and some of the college roof has blown off, there is also some reports of a kid being killed somewhere by a piece of flying slate... i deffo wouldnt try and negotiate a motorway in this:eek: i nearly went down the east lancs myself before but decided that i couldnt be bothered.........looks like it was a good call as it seems to be getting worse here

Pixie

Jul 16, 2001
Back oop north!
www.
Cheers guys :thumbsup:

I think you may be right, Kylie is good..but not that good!!! lol.

My mate who I'm supposed to be going over there with has just called and said that London to Manc Virgin trains have been cancelled and that services from Leeds to Manc are stopping at Hudds so even that's not an option.

Retro - can't your driver leave the delivery till tomorrow???

'Shabba'

Mar 3, 2003
Sniffing glue........again!

My mate who I'm supposed to be going over there with has just called and said that London to Manc Virgin trains have been cancelled and that services from Leeds to Manc are stopping at Hudds so even that's not an option.

I'd be gutted!!!:(

I went last Friday and i'm going again on Sunday, she's so amazing (I want to be her:$ )

That said, i'm panicking about the half hour drive home from work, there's very little i care enough about that would make me drive down the M62 over the moors tonight!!!!

Pixie

Jul 16, 2001
Back oop north!
www.
I'd be gutted!!!:(

I went last Friday and i'm going again on Sunday, she's so amazing (I want to be her:$ )

That said, i'm panicking about the half hour drive home from work, there's very little i care enough about that would make me drive down the M62 over the moors tonight!!!!

She's ace live isn't she? Me and Butty went to her Fever tour a couple of years ago (or whenever it was!) and it was fab. I got some great photos. :D

I watched the Showgirl tour on tv last SAt night and it looks ace again, she always puts on a good show but you're right, it's a fair risk in this weather and apparently it's only set to get worse.

Tomorrow after work, I've got to drvie to London as I'm off to see Cirque Du Soleil on Saturday, I'm not looking forward to that journey either. :(:(

RetroAndy

Apr 4, 2002
wakefield

Too late he has set off now. He isnt in a HGV but its still a long hi sided van so it will be fun trying to keep it in a straight line.

So no kylie for you then ??

Pixie

Jul 16, 2001
Back oop north!
www.
Well after all the hoo-ha, the bloody roads were clear when I left my house at 7pm !!!:confused: :confused: :confused: Not a lorry or blown over tree in sight!

We got there ok, Kylie was brill and we cam home again. She did have a 10 min break half way through though, which I guess was to give her a rest as you don't normally get an interval at a gig but that was ok cos it meant we could get more drinks in!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks for all the advice guys and I hope the weather hasn't caused you too much hassle.

It's blown the felt off my shed in the night and ruined next door's brand new fence but then again the hill I live on is so steep, it's like living on the endge of a bloody cliff!!! :condom: :condom:

Joker Jen

VIP Gold Member
Oct 8, 2001
Secret Location in Gotham City
Well after all the hoo-ha, the bloody roads were clear when I left my house at 7pm !!!:confused: :confused: :confused: Not a lorry or blown over tree in sight!

We got there ok, Kylie was brill and we cam home again. She did have a 10 min break half way through though, which I guess was to give her a rest as you don't normally get an interval at a gig but that was ok cos it meant we could get more drinks in!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks for all the advice guys and I hope the weather hasn't caused you too much hassle.

It's blown the felt off my shed in the night and ruined next door's brand new fence but then again the hill I live on is so steep, it's like living on the endge of a bloody cliff!!! :condom: :condom:

Glad to hear u didn't have to miss the gig hun :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hope u have a top time down in london town this w/e :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: