kids of 2 day !

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Wezza

Apr 21, 2005
Nearer Than You Think .....
was stood at the counter paying for some vinyl in a charty shop in wakey and was checking the records were in the right covers as charty shops are renound for not having the right record / cd in the case / covers , and i hear this from behind me and it made me laugh to myself "MUM WOTS THEM 4 BLACK PLASTIC THINGS THAT MISTER IS BUYING" the replay came from the mother "THEIR CALL LP RECORDS" kids replay "WOTS THAT MUM A LP RECORD" mum replays again " THEY HAVE MUSIC ON'EM AND THEIR BEFORE YOUR WERE BORN YOUR DADS GOT SOME AT HOME IN THE LOFT" kids replay "THEY HAVE MUSIC ON'EM LOOKING VERY PUZZLED I'M GONNA ASK ME DAD" bless him i had to think he was only about 7 the kids of to day not a clue :naughty:

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
I find it saddening really that the kid had no idea what a vinyl record is? Pretty much means the parents have not played a record in years and years, i mean whats the point in keeping records tucked away in the loft!

Get them to a good home where they will be loved and appreciated! :(

MANC

Apr 1, 2003
Manc
not even in the slightest bit suprised... some kid bout 5 years ago where i was working, he was about 19 years old and he asked me if i "...remember those round black discs that you played music with?"

i couldnt fckin believe it:eek:

Wezza

Apr 21, 2005
Nearer Than You Think .....
hahaaaa ...funny as that is ...my 5 year old lad keeps asking me "dad when am i getting my own dj set up" :D

kids eh:king:

spot on mate our young'en as always been round records and decks he loves been in a good old record shop too looking though the scavey buckets pulling records out and saying "IS THIS ANY GOOD DAD "hes pulled out some great tracks too in his time in the old record box shop in leeds before it closed down , he even has his own records wot hes found in the shops and his own styluses so he don't knacker mine up ,:|

EZEE

Jan 16, 2007
midlands crew
spot on mate our young'en as always been round records and decks he loves been in a good old record shop too looking though the scavey buckets pulling records out and saying "IS THIS ANY GOOD DAD "hes pulled out some great tracks too in his time in the old record box shop in leeds before it closed down , he even has his own records wot hes found in the shops and his own styluses so he don't knacker mine up ,:|

same here my little one loves going crate digging with me, my eldest son is 14 he's had a go on the 1210's with success, he's mad into dubstep and doing everything 100% digital now, creating his own stuff with Reason, fruity loops 9, wave lab and cubase then smashing em all together with Virtual Dj......he's getting his shit together music wise sounding real good:D

DaveSmalls

May 10, 2009
there is a track on kerri chandler thing for linda ep 2010 which goes on about exactly the same thing a kid asking her mum wot a record is!

thats all folks