Joy @ Mission Leeds 11th Nov 05

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Ponka

Aug 27, 2005
Middleton
www.mcfc.co.uk
WOW this night was amazing!!!! i can honestly say i think this is the best club i've been to. the layout of it is excellent, the clientele are all friendly and the dj's and tunes were amazing especially Nipper. Big respect to kells and tots cos this night and venue are fantastic!!! the only bad side to it was the drinks are pricey but that doesn't matter when nipper is on form like that and i was a little bit mashed :fekked: :fekked: lolol

E

easty

Ponka said:
WOW this night was amazing!!!! i can honestly say i think this is the best club i've been to. the layout of it is excellent, the clientele are all friendly and the dj's and tunes were amazing especially Nipper. Big respect to kells and tots cos this night and venue are fantastic!!! the only bad side to it was the drinks are pricey but that doesn't matter when nipper is on form like that and i was a little bit mashed :fekked: :fekked: lolol

It is a smart club, just a shame it's a bit far:thumbsup:

Wezza

Apr 21, 2005
Nearer Than You Think .....
:thumbsup: wot a night nipper was shit hot back then and still is .good turn out by all the joy people .steve luigi was in top form as uaual with d j sy two masters in ther own right .club is ok even though the drinks are a right ripp off bit steep .nice to have met s-j and kells&totts and not 4gettin m c fox top m c mate still is in good voice .:thumbsup:

Wezza

Apr 21, 2005
Nearer Than You Think .....
phones:
nipper.jpg
phones:

coggledots

Aug 11, 2005
Harrogate
Top Night Again By Kells & Tots.

Another corker by JOY, luigi & sy, what a fecking combination! why has no one thought of this before, was dynamite phones: :thumbsup: Have got to big up the boys in room two, was hard for them competing with nipper in the main room, but they still banged out some top tunage for those who weren't into pushin' & shovin to get to the dance floor in room one, So :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: to cain, ewan cawood (aint heard some of this mans tunes in fu@kin years) & sully :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Was good to meet loads of OSA'ers, (am shite with names but will try! wezbash, danster (not superdan walker so leave his cock alone!) shabba, mesh, tall paul ?? dark haired bloke who was sat next to danster who's name escapes me! (sorry!) tots bro (very very funny bloke!), s-j & ow do helen :$ i ALWAYS remember a face tho :thumbsup: someone put me right if i am wrong!) Will see you all next time hopefully, and i'll be in more of a fit state for convo's hopefully:$ :fekked: Was a bit tongue tied with my head in a shed (again) once the music stopped :$

Drink prices are bad tho £5.10 for a double brandy & coke!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to S-J for introductions etc (hope your drive in the morning was trouble free you mad mo fo) & Cain for putting up with us all again back @ his :thumbsup: At least we had entertainment by the wee man space cadet 'SIT DOWN!!' say helen & s-j LOL!!)

Last edited:

'Shabba'

Mar 3, 2003
Sniffing glue........again!
coggledots said:
Thanks to S-J for introductions etc (hope your drive in the morning was trouble free you mad mo fo) & Cain for putting up with us all again back @ his :thumbsup: At least we had entertainment by the wee man space cadet 'SIT DOWN!!' say helen & s-j LOL!!)

:rofl: There's nothing quite so entertaining as watching someone repeatedly sit down on chairs that aren't actually there!!!!:D

I had a proper superdooper night, cheers everyong.:cool:

S-J

Staff member
VIP Gold Member
RetroAndy said:
Had a wicked night on friday but will right a better review tomoz. Had a heavy weekend

Andy

:eyebrow: :eyebrow:lol this is exactly how Im feeling also Stretch!!!

Brad babes, well you did it :thumbsup:

I shall be back as soon as I can get my head in check and see properly!! Still havn't yet made it back home....

Absolutley mega!!!

S-J x :love:

This picc just about sums up the energy from JOY on Friday!!

Attachments

• Photo-0343.jpg
    Photo-0343.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 100

Mesh

Feb 19, 2005
Liverpool Laaaaa
Right lets have a go at this:fekked:
Had a really boss night on Saturday. Was a bit worried at first because where we were standing when we first got in, was playing some Euro pop stylee music..then SJ pointed me in the direction of the OldSkool room and I was sound:thumbsup:
DJ Sy on first playing all the old ravey tunes I haven't heard for years, Dannster was already up on the stage..good work my man:love: :thumbsup:
Next came Nipper and I have to admit he was shit hot and did live up to the hype:thumbsup: Think it was him who played Faithless 'I can't get no sleep'..excellent:cool:
Kells and Tots finishing off nicely with some uplifting piano tuneagephones:
Did not sit down all night thanks to the tunes and a special present off Tall Paul:fekked:
The club is boss......one bad point tho..you know when the DJ drops the volume for effect before bringing another tune in?(there may be a technical word for this , lol) Well you could hear the tunes from the next room and it spoiled it a wee bit but not too much:thumbsup:
I had a really boss night tho and would deffo mission it to Leeds for another Joy night!
Bumped into two of the scouse Hazy regulars, was boss to speak some madness to yas:cool:
Big thank you to all the OSAers out, you are always up for it and a proper sound crowd:love:

Special mention for Tall Paul for the lift there and back:fekked: (Yaaaay..its a convoy:p )
SJ..who without all her hard work, Joy would not have been half as packed..so well done luv, I hope Kells and Tots appreciate your work and got you something special:thumbsup:
The lad who's house the mash up was in (Caine?) and all the mash up attendees, including the new people I met..sorry names are not my forte:$
Vee and SuperDan for next day mash up. LOL, Where else can you knock at someones house at daft o'clock and find a grown man dressed as a clown, wearing skin tight pink jeans and playing Italian house on the decks.:fekked:
VA for once again keeping me entertained with talk of if they would provide an arsehole bleaching and tightening service on the NHS:D
And final mention for Nipper, boss DJ and sound fella, even getting into an argument with me about footy:thumbsup: (ManU scum:p )
Fab weekend:thumbsup:

S-J

Staff member
VIP Gold Member
Right errrm where to start??? All I can say is yet again what a belter of an evening... :thumbsup:

I know Ive said it before but Im jolly well going to say it again... This place is ace!!! You guys know that I know a good night and this is a damm good night....

Brad I said it in my previous post but babes you did it so good on you:thumbsup: Your time and effort does not go unoticed cause you have kept me and Ow Doo coming back for many a month now and have spread the word and its Gospel that this Joy is an event that should NOT be missed!!! :thumbsup:

Big up Tots, Caine & Dalethedisc as well for all your efforts!!!

To all my krew that got the bit between the teeth and were brave enough to come and try something differnt... You guys know the score;) Love you all very very much!! :love:

All the DJ's that played each and every single one of you deserve the title of "DJ" phones: Cause each and every single one of you brought JOY to us all!! You should all feel soooo proud of yourselves....

All the brand new OSA attendees... So lovely to meet you all and I hope that the rest of the osa krew made you feel right at home...

I was going to be brave and list each and every single one of you but guys you did me proud and the turn out was imense so god bless you all...

Right that is enuff waffle from me I feel cause its finally time for me to hit the shower and get in my great big bed.... :thumbsup: Pheeeew what a top weekend.... Thanx....

S-J x :love:

Oooops Finally lest I forget.... Mr. Pann you fcukin rock and hope you get home safe and get the great big rest that you deserve minus the McDonalds!!!

tall paul

Sep 19, 2001
Liverpool
Had a fekkin MINT night (as Mesh now says :p ).

Thought it's a really good venue that, really nice club, good size and layout with lots of different rooms and levels to mooch around. Good friendly crowd in there too, didn't see even a hint of trouble all night :thumbsup:

Had a few (pricey :| ) scoops in the middle room then into the main bit, caught the tail end of Sy's set with plenty of ravey classics, and was starting to feel nicely :fekked: by the end of it. Thought Nipper's set was absolutely excellent - really good varied selection of tunes, thoroughly enjoyed it and was absolutely bang off it by this point. Then Kells & Tots finishing off nicely, but it was a shame that so many peeps left as soon as Nipper had finished :naughty: so it was much quieter by the end.

Met quite a lot of new OSAers, but can't remember anyones names :axe:
Thanks to Mesh for the good company for the drive, Cain? & co. for the afterparty, Vee & Co. for the after-afterparty :thumbsup: And last and most definitely not least all the regular OSAers (you know who you are) who have given me some of the best nights out of my life over the past few years, I'm gonna miss ya all loads :cry:

P.S. Somehow I always end having to do something mad after these nights out - Greek weddings, christenings with speeches etc. This time I had to go round to girlfriends parents house and fit a new carpet. Was crawling round the living room floor with a knee-kicker sweating profusely and stinking of JD trying not to let them notice my eyes cos I was still most definitely :fekked: Nightmare!

chris17

Sep 15, 2005
leeds
got to agree with all of the above nice one brad for pulling this one off!!! nipper deffo lived up to expectations and sy and luigi were wicked back to back i deffinatly had a b/day to remember cheers to cain for putting up with us all at his again !!!!!!

landy

Jul 9, 2004
madchester
the layout of the club was really good, lot of people sitting down which i really dont understand??? the music in room 2 interested me more than nipper which may shock some people. i thought that u guys mixes were better sorry guys but i wasnt too impressed with him, friendly crowd although alittle too quiet although i would defo go again to another night!

kells&tots

Jun 11, 2004
Leeds
Ok ok...jesus where do i start?

Well iv spent all my weekend up untill yesterday with Nipper takin him places so its all been mad but so so good. he even had time to punish (or in his words christen) my trusted old Vestax mixer on Sunday night which again was really good..

Friday was in my view, well rather wicked. i thought he was awesome, he did have probs with the mixers as their was 2, one for the CDJ's and one for the 1210's so queing up between the 2 meant he had to keep swappin his headphones between both mixers whilst in the mix. bit mad but he soon got into it and blew everyone away. sorry to Ewan in the middle room as almost everyone was in room one checkin out Nipz..Was crazy as at one point the crowd were all chanting Nippers name lol, he has told me he loved it so much all due to the reaction he got off the crowd, he says it was amazing, which it was. well worth all the stress before hand anyway.

Also must say, Sy and Luigi b2b was just bleedin awesome.

All the sets as usual have been recorded and are gonna be releasing soon. they are good believe me;)

head is still fuzzy but shouts this month go to

Nipper (u know what for)
SJ
Helen
Sully (top top geezer)
Mc Fox
Aron
chris
Caine brown
Coggledots
Luigi and Sy
Dods (for the flyer thing)
Wezbash for also been a top geezer
retro andy
Woody
Danster
Mesh
Vickles
TallPaul, you really are tall..
and, well all you guys from on here, cannot remember everyone i met but u were all so so nice to me so thanx alot folk...

Next month 9th december is the last one of the year at Mission till it all starts again in February. Also we may be finally getting moved to first Saturaday of the month seen as we have stuck by the venue and battled it out on Fridays and done really really well, so well that we have ended up the strongest friday event their apart from KissdaFunk. anyone from Leeds will know fridays in Leeds are dead everywhere so once again thanx to all who have chose to support us and make the fridays what they have been....

One last thing, Nipper promises to be back at Joy very soon:cool: :cool: :wave:

brown29

Jan 21, 2004
Leeds
Joy

Yeah what a wicked night!!!!!!! Started off for me travelling to Bradford to meet dale so we could sort some tunes out as we were going back to back together, never getting the bus again from Leeds as it must have stopped everywhere going…. Felt knackered from work and was almost falling asleep in the taxi back to leeds :sleep:

but as soon as we got in I knew it was going to be a belter as the club was filling up nicely. :thumbsup:

Really enjoyed our set and just managed to get the room filling up nicely for Ewan which was good to say we were up against Sy + Lugi. Shame I missed their set as everyone I spoke to about it said it was boss. :guitar:

Was mainly just wondering in between rooms all night, Ewan played some real underground floor fillers, supported by Sully after playing breaks (quality DJ’s). Nipper in the end room, what can I say. The guy has got talent. It was good to watch a turntableist DJ in action manipulating the decks, quality stuff.:thumbsup:

After that Kells+Tots ripped it up, playing some blinding tunes just to finish the night off nicely.:thumbsup:

As usual the peeps in there were all friendly and the decor and visuals in the club are second to none sporting a great atmosphere all round. Also the soulful / US house in the first room was good providing a real chill out bit for peeps recovering from the hustle and bustle of the other rooms. :cool:

Good to meet some other OSA’s back at mine with some strange going on’s ha ha (wee man trying to sit down everywhere, nipper wearing a pan on his head being spanked with a spatula by Tot’s brother ha ha :jumpin:

Ordering a crate of bear and them turning up with For xxx. Nooooooooooo. That was a reet kick in the teeth. Couldn’t even give what was left away at the end of the night but somehow recall mesh talking some ha ha ha :pixie:

So just want to say a big sound as to…

Tall Pall – Have a good do travailing lad,
Mesh – Mad demanding scouse lass, ha ha
Woody,
Dannster,
Shabba,
Coggledots + Sarah,
Phil Michel ha ha, jokes Chris.
H
Mat
Karly
SJ + Helen (you both have the car dance to a tee now)
Sully (Sound Bloke)
Mc Fox (quality MC)
Aron
Luigi
Wezbash
retro andy

Ewan
Nipper (down to earth bloke)

Dale (spot on ma man)
Wee Man
Spugi
Kells + Tots (you know the score)

Soz if iv missed anyone,:wave:

Yeah, and paul. Easy lad. The house was ok, don’t think my flatmates were too impressed though ha ha. Few of them had to get up for work only to be greeted to a room full of boogley eyed peeps ha ha.:D

Regards, Caine :thumbsup:

chris17

Sep 15, 2005
leeds
easy caine mate you really need to learn how to spell mitchell (or i'll be sending grant round soon as he's back from brazil) lol