John Digweed 2 - Studio Trance - August 1993

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

chinatownswhite

Feb 2, 2008
Middlander
John Digweed 2 - Studio Trance - 23rd July 1993

Not sure if this has been posted on here before, anyway here it is for those that dont already have it..

Think this is bootleg, Im not 100% sure, but the cover looks like a copy of a copy.

The date is on a sticky label thats stuck to the tape, I have no idea if that is right or not.

Link to set below:thumbsup:

Last edited:

brady

VIP Silver Member
Oct 26, 2001
Scottish Borders
www.tracklistings.co.uk
thanks for sharing this china, heres the tracklist, I had it dated July 93

John Digweed - Studio Mix, 23rd July 93

1. Wall Of Sound - Critical (If You Only Knew) (Solitaire Gee Remix)
2. Patti Day - Right Before My Eyes (remix/cover version?)
3. Danny Campbell & Sasha - Together (Together In A Dub) [DMC 7/93]
4. Qui 3 - Break From The Old Routine (You Know What I Mean Dub)
5. The Beloved - Outer Space Girl [EastWest]
6. Shakespear's Sister - You're History (Brothers In Rhythm Remix) [DMC 6/93]
7. Cool Jack - Try The Feeling
8. Deep Piece - Panoramic Shuffle (Who Gotcha Car Mix) [Limbo]
9. 108 Grand - Tonight [Fresh]

10. Deep Piece - Panoramic Shuffle (Who Gotcha Car Mix) [Limbo]
11. D-Shake - The Sound Of Music [Go Bang!]
12. Turntable Hype - Music Got Me (Trancin) [Go Bang!]
13. Amnesia - Happy (Espuma Mix)
14. Country & Western - Reincarnation [Zebra]
15. LaTour - Craziaskowboi (Round Em' Up Dub)
16. Spooky - Land Of Oz [Guerilla]
17. Lisa B - Fascinated (Diss-Cuss Dub)
18. Anthony White - I Cant Forget You
19. Fathers Of Sound - Revelation (Trance Mix)
20. Mellow Mellow - I Cant Stop (Parrot Trance)

Last edited:

henryvilla

VIP Silver Member
Jul 19, 2010
Crikey! I had this tape back in 1993. One of many that I bought off that tape stand in Camden for a couple of years. 4 for a tenner!

I wonder who it was that made these tapes and the laser copied covers? Someone must know. I went to Camden weekly back then as I lived in Hackney so it was pretty close by, just to buy these tape which the guy updated all the time. I bet it was a good little business back then as it was the hayday of mix tapes and they would have been peanuts to produce. There are literally 100s for them!

:thumbsup:

henryvilla

VIP Silver Member
Jul 19, 2010
Digweed's sets back then were awesome, as were Dave Seaman's and then came the..... Zzzzzzzzzz

chinatownswhite

Feb 2, 2008
Middlander
thanks for sharing this china, heres the tracklist, I had it dated July 93

John Digweed - Studio Mix, July 93

1. Wall Of Sound - Critical (If You Only Knew)
2. Patti Day - Right Before My Eyes (remix/cover version?)
3. Danny Campbell & Sasha - Together (mix?)
4. (18:00) ? acidy
5. The Beloved - Outer Space Girl [EastWest]
6. Shakespear's Sister - You're History (Brothers In Rhythm Remix) [DMC 6/93]
7. Cool Jack - Try The Feeling
8. Deep Piece - Panoramic Shuffle (Who Gotcha Car Mix) [Limbo]
9. 108 Grand - Tonight [Fresh] acidy/broken beat

10. Deep Piece - Panoramic Shuffle (Who Gotcha Car Mix) [Limbo]
11. Mount Rushmore - The Vibe (Thats Flowing Through Me)
12. Turntable Hype - Music Got Me (Trancin) [Go Bang]
13. (10:30) ? "wo ho" male scat / samples Axe Corner - Tortuga
14. Interactive - Koma [Dance Street]
15. (17:45) ? "yah, yeah ha, aye" male
16. Spooky - Land Of Oz [Guerilla]
17. Lisa B - Fascinated (Diss-Cuss Dub)
18. Anthony White - I Cant Forget You
19. (38:00) ? "a revelation thats my fever..." female/acidy "in the outer realms of inner consciousness"
20. Mellow Mellow - I Cant Stop (Parrot Trance)

Cheers for the track list scott, are you saying it is July, if so I will edit the post title :thumbsup:

brady

VIP Silver Member
Oct 26, 2001
Scottish Borders
www.tracklistings.co.uk
Crikey! I had this tape back in 1993. One of many that I bought off that tape stand in Camden for a couple of years. 4 for a tenner!

I wonder who it was that made these tapes and the laser copied covers? Someone must know. I went to Camden weekly back then as I lived in Hackney so it was pretty close by, just to buy these tape which the guy updated all the time. I bet it was a good little business back then as it was the hayday of mix tapes and they would have been peanuts to produce. There are literally 100s for them!

there must have been market stalls like that all over the country, I can remember a stall at my local market with a table full of mixtapes & blasting out a rave tape on a ghetto blaster. like you say they must have been making a bit of money as its easy enough to copy tapes.

chinatownswhite

Feb 2, 2008
Middlander

Henry Im cant remember were me and my mate would have been buying these from, the only place I can think of is Leiseter market.

We would both go to Leicester every saturday early doors, to buy clothes but mainly tapes, we would buy 2 or 3 tapes or tape packs each every week without fail, from Sneakers Records, BPM & Well Gosh were Mastersafe used to work and flog a few of his mixes, also 5HQ which was run by SS.

Our collection was huge, we ran a mailing list for quite a long time aswell, so we was also swapping tapes via the post, we used to get quite a bit of stuff from a guy who had a add in Mixmag, think he was called S&G Promotions or something like that, everything was on TDK 90s, but never any covers, I think I have one of his homemade covers knocking about somewhere. you could either swap or buy off him, think it was 1.50 a tape.

brady

VIP Silver Member
Oct 26, 2001
Scottish Borders
www.tracklistings.co.uk
there used to be a few adverts in mixmag selling mixtapes

rave tapes.jpg

Chunky

Mar 21, 2006
I would just keep yours the same, im unsure where my information came from, might have been a guess at the month, good guess if it was ;)

Your site has always been great for narrowing down tracklists, dates and duplicate mixes. I still use it now' after all these years.

brady

VIP Silver Member
Oct 26, 2001
Scottish Borders
www.tracklistings.co.uk
Your site has always been great for narrowing down tracklists, dates and duplicate mixes. I still use it now' after all these years.

the original reason I stated the site was to root out all the mis-labelled sasha sets that were going around but its kinda snowballed since then, adding more progressive house sets which I love :love:

most of the information about these mixes were splattered all over the net, all I done was bring all the info together to one place & its a lot easier to see whats available when its listed in order of date

also helps when tracklisting a set as DJ's tend to play the same records for a few months, so looking at sets with a similar date helps to work out tracks :thumbsup:

also got a > Search < on the site where you can type in the name of a track and it spits out all the sets with that track, saves time manual searching.

Last edited:

dunk1974

Nov 12, 2007

his name was paul i used to do the same every week got to know him pretty well nice guy

Chunky

Mar 21, 2006
The exact date for this is 23rd July 1993. It was in with one of the mixtapes that I got from Dave Seaman.