jean michel jarre

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

bren

Oct 10, 2007
now this is old skool this man is amazing i grew up on due to my mother and father playing his music made me love eletronical music as a whole check this live vid he must be one of the first people to use keyboards and make eletronical music

Jean Michel Jarre - Magnetic Fields 1 live

Last edited:

Monty

Apr 8, 2006
now this is old skool this man is amazing i grew up on due to my mother and father playing his music check this live vid he must be one of the first people to use keyboards and make eletronical music

Jean Michel Jarre - Magnetic Fields 1 live

I like Jean Michel Jarre he has one of the most warmest sounding studios out of all music i have heard,he is simplistic when it comes to chords etc but i love his twists & turns more than anything he always keeps me listening!..Use to listen to him when i was kid going to sleep with head phones on falling in that ambient meditation state of mind!...

I can always listen to a bit of Jean Michel Jarre!...

Thumbs up from me! :thumbsup:

I like I Love Piano he has one of the most warmest sounding studios out of all music i have heard,he is simplistic when it comes to chords etc but i love his twists & turns more than anything he always keeps me listening!..Use to listen to him when i was kid going to sleep with head phones on falling in that ambient meditation state of mind!...

I can always listen to a bit of I Love Piano!...

Thumbs up from me! :thumbsup:

Awww feel the love :thumbsup:

bren

Oct 10, 2007
Errrmmmmmm:S

Yes I think Jarre is a cool bastard:thumbsup:

I always listened as a kid, some very uplifting, stirring music. A genius

thanks for staying with the topic ste

and yes he is a music genius a man who was ahead of his time muut see him live when he is in the uk next

spaceface

Apr 2, 2004
www.discogs.com
Did anyone else out there ever like Computer Weekend? I got Jarre Live along with my first CD player when i was probably only 12 or something. I reckon it was my favourite tune for, well probably only a month or 2, but at that age everything seems like a lifetime. It's one of my earliest memories of musical appreciation.

Last edited:

bren

Oct 10, 2007
I grew up with Jean Michel Jarre. My dad was a huge fan and was a real hifi head. I loved it. Coolest thing I ever saw was his live gig in Houston where he played a synth with a lazer!!!phones: :thumbsup:

here is a vid him playing the lazer

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNbnYCMHaRk&feature=related]Laser Harp - Jean-Michel Jarre in Amsterdam - 26 mei 2009 - YouTube[/ame]

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
Great music in the 70's, great shows in the 80's, but saw him a couple of years ago with Leaky and Debs when he played the MEN and it sounded like an 80's euro cheese fest. We walked out half way through because he was so boring :sleep:

The trouble is I think is that if you watch other artists regularly, then you'll see far better light shows, hear better fresher sounds and all for a lot less wonga. Even a good reunion like Legends will have a better light show and infinitely cooler music.

It's a shame to say it, but to me he's a dinosaur now and his music and imagery hasn't stood the test if time.

bren

Oct 10, 2007
Great music in the 70's, great shows in the 80's, but saw him a couple of years ago with Leaky and Debs when he played the MEN and it sounded like an 80's euro cheese fest. We walked out half way through because he was so boring :sleep:

The trouble is I think is that if you watch other artists regularly, then you'll see far better light shows, hear better fresher sounds and all for a lot less wonga. Even a good reunion like Legends will have a better light show and infinitely cooler music.

It's a shame to say it, but to me he's a dinosaur now and his music and imagery hasn't stood the test if time.

i think legends music is drivel sorry to say
:wave: