I've been sorting through boxes...

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Fallout

Nov 29, 2004
I moved house for the first time since 1983 this February and have spent since then sorting through boxes of shite.
Last night I was digging through this cardboard box and I found a load of flyers from 1988, 1989 and 1990 all of which were from do's I went to.
I was blown away at how many massive nights I'd totally forgotten about!
Seeing and reading the flyers - bought it all back. Awesome!
I thought to myself 'shall I throw them out'.
The answer I gave was NO - after all they helped kick start my addled mind!
So next time you think about throwing out a flyer after you've had a top night - why not just put it in the loft for 15 years?! It's not like they take up much room.

Mister_DJ

May 1, 2003
Location Location
Nice one. I love it when things like that happen.

Unfortunately I kept my flyers in bin bags under my bed when i used to live at home. When i went away to Uni my mum threw them out thinking they were rubbish....:cry: :cry:

But my folks recently moved and I found a job load of other stuff I thought had been lost from 89/90 in their attic...took me right back. I found a college folder from 1990 and it had scrawled all over the inside stuff like "Rave On!" "E" and drawings of flowers and stuff, plus list of gigs and parties I'd been to. Some I'd forgotten all about :thumbsup:

When you get settled Fallout - up some scans....:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Mart
:rolleyes:

Mister_DJ

May 1, 2003
Location Location
Lol for a minute I thought you meant my old college folder...:eek: £30 you say? Lol - I think its prolly worth about 30p.

Anyway, don't sell them....:naughty: I'm keeping what I've still got left to pass on to my kids.

We were part of "generation e" - its history. The memories of being part of it and the memorabillia that goes with that are priceless - u can't sell that on ebay.

Mart

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
I was getting all excited then thinking you were gonna hand um over to ur favourit friend to add to her already large collection ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) :rofl:

only kidding hun :love: top find....if u have any duplicates and fancy sum swapsies i got plenty o duplicates lol :thumbsup:

Ah i love it when the unexpected happens (well in a good way anyroad) :D

When u up my way next chicken :thumbsup: :wave:

Fallout

Nov 29, 2004
Northern Star said:
I couldnt opart with them though for no amount of money...although i may sift through sum dups and see if i can flog them lol ;)

I don't think you got what I was getting at! ;)

Fallout

Nov 29, 2004
northern minx said:
chuffed to bits for ya :D

i was ecstatic the other week when i found my hacketts membership card :)

How mad is that? In that box of stuff I'm talking about was a membership card for Ministry of Sound - I got invited to the opening night of the club through a friend of mine Roddy Redd at Power Promotions, Paul Gotel's promo record company - anyway she invited me and I joined the free membership on the opening night. I think it was No 210 or something like that.
My old Rage membership card was in there too.

None of the stuff I found made me feel old, it just made me feel proud.

S-J

Staff member
VIP Gold Member
Ive got a massive collection of flyers from around about 12yrs ago... loads and loads of massive event nights from all the biggies right the way through form Kinetic to the passion flyers from Maximes... Ive even got the dreamscape woodstock one that got cancelled, so many different types....

Do you really think that they will be worth something in years to come?? because I think secretly that's why Ive kept hold of them!"

S-J x :love:

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
S-J said:
Ive got a massive collection of flyers from around about 12yrs ago... loads and loads of massive event nights from all the biggies right the way through form Kinetic to the passion flyers from Maximes... Ive even got the dreamscape woodstock one that got cancelled, so many different types....

Do you really think that they will be worth something in years to come?? because I think secretly that's why Ive kept hold of them!"

S-J x :love:

Apparently so hun.....:thumbsup:

i did see an ad sum while ago........one bloke was looking for a particular flyer.....cant remember where it was for now but he described it as.........tissue thin all white with an outline of sasha's face in black sihouette type print.....he was offering £100 plus........must have been pretty rare........i knmow i dont have it......and prolly wouldnt have sold it if i had have ;)

Mister_DJ

May 1, 2003
Location Location
There's often flyers on ebay SJ and some go for decent money. Early Sunrise/Shoom/Spectrum ones have been on and go from anything from £5 to £50+ The first Spectrum flyer is on there at the mo...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=58717&item=7509886998&rd=1

The rave ones from 91/92 are usually anything from 50p to £10. Stuff like Eclipse ones from '91, Dreamscapes etc go for anything up to £10-£15.

Check this website out....

http://www.raveflyers.co.uk/prices.htm

:thumbsup:

Mart