Italian raves?

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

looby

Dec 28, 2002
manchester
jus been listenin to sum Italian tuneroonies,and its got me wondering.

'back in the day' when the italians were making these fine records,were there any clubs or raves based in Italy?

it just seems to me that they couldnt have possibly been makin all thse tunes just to export them to different countries to get played out:confused:

so they must have been throwin their own parties, musnt they?

if so, are they any tapes knockin about?

if so, can i have some please!:p

anyone know anything about any italian raves:D :cool:

Jonno

Jul 15, 2001
Re: nah

nathan said:
all my italian mates think the quadrant mix of playing with knives is cheese. the stuff we like never got played in italy. The italians are too kool for skool to apprecite cheese
I've heard summat similar b4 now. One thing is they were 2nd to Britain in the rave prescription cosumption stakes - a long way behind but still 2nd.

Aydo

Aug 1, 2002
Exiled Lad
my old mans immigrant italian, that side of family are from a stoens throw from rimini, its a beautiful part of the country

dunno about them not cheesy tho nathan mate what my cousins used to get out in would make chico secci blush lol

:D

Devious

Mar 28, 2003
Bolton
www.devious.me.uk
It always used to baffle me back in the day why the italian tunes where in english lol , prolly making them for the british club scene but they do say that many/most copies dont leave italys shores.

nowthen

Nov 6, 2002
Stockport
A couple of mates of mine went to Rimini in summer '92 they said it was sound but not really what they expected. I suppose the fact they went to ibiza again the year after shows it really wasn't much cop!