Italian House Tune

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

stejones_efc

Nov 7, 2003
Liverpool
Does anyone know of a tune that came out early 93 (I think) that sampled the piano from u2 new years day and says africa over the top.

It is on DJ Trix Vol 1 and DJ Trix Aug 93

If anyone is after any DJ Trix tapes let me know and I'll sort something out.

Jonno

Jul 15, 2001
Definitely concure with Morpheus640 - this is almost certainly Dynamic Base - Africa. Absolutely great track IMO. There were 3 12" releases - the original Italian VolumeX, a remix VolumeX and a German ZYX. The only mix for me is the "Club Re-Mix" which is on the Italian remix VolumeX release. Unfortunately this is also the rarest release. I've attached a sample up of this mix to see if it's the one you want:

Attachments

• africa.mp3
    910.7 KB · Views: 75

Jonno

Jul 15, 2001
The remix VolumeX release is VOLX00294, it's got 6 mixes on. I've just realised from the cat#'s that one of the mixes off the original release is the one off the tape because that's from 93 whilst the remix is from 94!

Jonno

Jul 15, 2001
You can get the original on GEMM no probs - bit pricey mind, especially for the Italian release. The remix on the other hand is a more difficult affair to track down.

stejones_efc

Nov 7, 2003
Liverpool
Thanks Morpheous640 & Jonno

Thanks lads for helping me track down my very own holy grail!

Thanks for the title morpheous and cheers jonno for the audio sample.

It wasn't actually that mix but its defo the right track.

Thanks anyway Ripley i have bought that bacon popper and also hyperlogic only me basically anything with that piano in it!

If i can help you with any tunes lads let us know

Ste