Is this a scam??? Opinions Please :-\

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

ecksemmess

Feb 15, 2005
Hello all,

I've recently found a new site where rare early 90's mixtapes can be bought. Unfortunately I have a feeling the entire operation may be a scam. I have tried to get a couple of mixes from this guy for months now, have paid and received nothing. And my emails go ignored. A lot of things about the site are very suspicious (like the huge number of "testimonials").

Here is the site, does anyone know anything about it, or the guy who runs it?

"classic dance mixes"

If it is a known scam I suppose I can finally give up on this site, but otherwise it is DOING MY HEAD IN as there are a few ultra-ultra-rare tapes that ONLY this guy seems to have!!! :crazy:

Thoughts?

coggledots

Aug 11, 2005
Harrogate
Never heard of this site, but i'd be suspicious right from the start, £1 a CD inc. p & p :confused: £4 for 5 or £7.50 for 10 :| Theres no money in them there prices, unless they are gonna keep the whole amount, which seems to be the case.

Sorry mate looks like ya've beeen ripped :(

Hello all,

I've recently found a new site where rare early 90's mixtapes can be bought. Unfortunately I have a feeling the entire operation may be a scam. I have tried to get a couple of mixes from this guy for months now, have paid and received nothing. And my emails go ignored. A lot of things about the site are very suspicious (like the huge number of "testimonials").

Here is the site, does anyone know anything about it, or the guy who runs it?

"classic dance mixes"

If it is a known scam I suppose I can finally give up on this site, but otherwise it is DOING MY HEAD IN as there are a few ultra-ultra-rare tapes that ONLY this guy seems to have!!! :crazy:

Thoughts?

if uve sent money through paypal - send them email explaining whts happened hope u get money back - otherwise dont buy again from site and learn ur lesson ;) once bitten twice shy :p

ecksemmess

Feb 15, 2005
how did you pay fella?

It was paypal yeah. I will have an email at paypal enquiring about getting money back. But honestly a few quid isn't my concern. I'd shell out a hundred to get a couple of the sets David Miles lists at his site, gladly!!!

That's why it's so frustrating!! :crazy:

I can't even express how bad I want that March 1991 Oakenfold @ Academy, Stoke that he lists!!

ecksemmess

Feb 15, 2005
It's not a scam!!! The sets ended up arriving very very late but arrived the same.

Still not thrilled at the man's tendency to ignore emails thou.

ecksemmess

Feb 15, 2005
I'm always falling for internet scams :(

I sent off 50 dollars by paypal last year to a company promising that within 8 weeks I'd have a 10 inch cock....

It's been 4 months now & the bastard thing is still 14 inches on the slack :mad: :ba:

Many of us have that problem mate :cry: