is soulseek the best place to get tunes?

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now
:$ :$ :$
That'll be me then - Userlist only, though its not particularly hard to get on my list.

lol I wasn't having a pop at you but more at the people that have d/l a shed load of mp3s themselves from other people but then refuse to share themselves... or to an elite few... & then act like they are lord god almighty when people ask to get on their u/list... :naughty:

There are a great many friendly, sharing, generous people on slsk (esepcially the 88-94 room) but then there are conversely a load of cunts :)

No skin off my nose - I am & always be a vinyl man 1st & foremost :)

fred_funk

May 9, 2003
Landaaaaaan town
lol I wasn't having a pop at you but more at the people that have d/l a shed load of mp3s themselves from other people but then refuse to share themselves... or to an elite few... & then act like they are lord god almighty when people ask to get on their u/list... :naughty:

There are a great many friendly, sharing, generous people on slsk (esepcially the 88-94 room) but then there are conversely a load of cunts :)

No skin off my nose - I am & always be a vinyl man 1st & foremost :)

The userlist is handy though as when I first started on Soulseek a few folk were very generous (and believed me when I said I didn't want to have to mp3 my entire collection).
I gave full access to all and sundry but as the collection started to grow a few folk really started to take the piss. Having very fast broadband attracts folk who are happy to download 1000+ from you in an evening then not make it available themselves. As a result, I decided to switch to userlist.

Like you said, there are good folk and not so good folk on there - so the userlist is a filter - not perfect but useful nonetheless.

Wobblybob

Feb 22, 2007
Manchester
www.redrepublik.net
The userlist is handy though as when I first started on Soulseek a few folk were very generous (and believed me when I said I didn't want to have to mp3 my entire collection).
I gave full access to all and sundry but as the collection started to grow a few folk really started to take the piss. Having very fast broadband attracts folk who are happy to download 1000+ from you in an evening then not make it available themselves. As a result, I decided to switch to userlist.

Like you said, there are good folk and not so good folk on there - so the userlist is a filter - not perfect but useful nonetheless.

That's explained a lot for me....

At first i thought that the more established users were an eliteist bunch of cnuts, buts it's only when you start to build your collection that you realise some people want to take the piss and download your whole HD...

There are good members on there, and by word of mouth, i've established nice little base from which we all share from each other....

ilovepiano

Jul 9, 2002
Too many nobs on there I reckon. People will ban you just coz they don't happen to like the music that you're sharing... what's all that about? :confused: