Is it worth upgrading from windows Xp to Vista?

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

doolz

ive been playing with it at work and im not that into it at all
some nice graphical bumfluffery but not worth it specially if ya comp isnt much cop give it a yr or so and get ya self a nice new comp

il probably be sticking to xp pro at home for a long while yet although work might be rolling out vista by the end of the year

ilovepiano

Jul 9, 2002
I can imagine it to be a total nightmare to start trying to get all the right drivers sorted out, and praying that all software is compatible...

I'll probably wait yonks before I change. LOL I only made the leap from win98 to xp in 2004 :rofl:

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
Bought a lappy with it already preinstalled in the States and haven't noticed any bugs with the software as yet!

It's got a few nice features like the gadgets on the wallpaper screen and one or 2 other nicer touches about it, like preview screens, transparent boxes, Media Centre etc. but they've also overcomplicated some of the tasks, like switching the thing off now takes slightly longer because of the 7 options:crazy:

Almost everybody will upgrade to it eventually, but for now it doesn't seem worth the cost if you've already got XP!

Dee

May 26, 2006
Staffordshire
I was tempted to get it too, but i've heard alot of stuff about it -
I'm gonna wait til next year - let all the lovely microsoft "ruffles" smooth out. lol :thumbsup: