Is 'Affleck's Palace' Still Going In Manc-Land?

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Shaboo

May 1, 2021
Is 'Affleck's Palace still going in Manc-Land.
Used to love that place in the Madchester era, Used to get my hand sprayed Trippy T-shirts from there.
2833889928_48e180a830_c.jpg

Spektral

Jan 24, 2019
I haven't been there for years, but used to go regularly "back in the day". If I recall correctly, I used to go to "Giraffe" to by mix-tapes, like Carl Cox. Kenny Ken, Ratty, Ellis Dee and so on. These were the days when you could also find T-Shirts with "PG TRIPS" logo's, "Kik-Kit" and other such rave era madness.

The general thing was, get there on the bus, with skateboard in hand, have a skate, head to Afflecks, try and find any nooks and crannies with records and tapes, nip over the road to Eastern Bloc, then next to M-One down the stairs (remember that place?!), over to the market that used to be under the ground to Spin'Inn, back up to Picadilly Records, then last but not least, crate digging in Eastern Bloc.

Maybe it was a youth thing, but it was so exciting and mind-opening. Now, I loathe cities and "modernity" and tend not to go to them unless I have to.

There was once another place like Afflecks at one point, over the road, at the opposite end to where Eastern Bloc was. I think it might be flats now.

Reactions: Shaboo