Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Should I Buy One??

• Total voters

lozatronic

Jul 27, 2007
Toronto
Should I buy an Iphone?? I have currently got a nokia n95 and am quite happy with it...

But i'm drawn to the iphone like a moth to a flame...

Should I buy it or not....

glad you posted this.. i'm moving back to England and was going to buy one over here before I come back as it's cheaper, but as O2 are currently the only service provider, and after seeing that the rates on the iPhone tarif are way higher than the regular ones, I was kinda giving up on the idea..

any further info. from anyone would be appreciated!

Ponka

Aug 27, 2005
Middleton
www.mcfc.co.uk
glad you posted this.. i'm moving back to England and was going to buy one over here before I come back as it's cheaper, but as O2 are currently the only service provider, and after seeing that the rates on the iPhone tarif are way higher than the regular ones, I was kinda giving up on the idea..

any further info. from anyone would be appreciated!

You can now unlock it so it works on any network... The only problem being that if you ever update the firmware then it might break.. lol

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
What can it do, besides put a big bulge in your pocket?;)

If you just want the media player functions, then i'd say get an Archos 605 :cool:

Miss C

May 18, 2003
New York
NO! I watched a half hour phone review on that & another new one & everything they tested it for was said to be absolutely diabolical, the qulality of everything is supposedly shockingly bad

ilovepiano

Jul 9, 2002
Apple = makers of overpriced and overrated pieces of shit, bought by people who want to be trendy, rather then buying something cheaper that will do exactly the same and more.

Ponka

Aug 27, 2005
Middleton
www.mcfc.co.uk
Apple = makers of overpriced and overrated pieces of shit, bought by people who want to be trendy, rather then buying something cheaper that will do exactly the same and more.

But at least i dont have to virus scan my macbook every 3.2 milliseconds to keep it alive...

Plus, find me a pc laptop with a 2.0 ghz dual core processor 2gb ram and 120gb hdd for under £900..... Thats how much mine cost and I dont think there are many pc ones out there for that..

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan

anthonyf218

Jul 31, 2005
I think they are gonna be quality, americas gone mad over them, despite some initial issues over prices (they dropped down $100 after a couple of months).

Apparently Carphone Warehouse are gonna be open til mid-night tomorrow, 10pm on Saturday and 8pm on Sunday because of the expected demand.

Good points are things like:

- you can choose how you receive ur voicemail (sound or txt)
- The iphone is Wifi enabled and as such Carphone have implemented big Cisco wireless routers in every UK shop so enabling hotspots to downloads tunes within the local area.

Bad points :

- initially no picture messaging facility on the phone.

But all in all its gotta be done I think. :thumbsup:

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
True, but that's because there's fook all made for em, so less to conflict with parts.

Pound for pound, microsoft os lappy's are better value.