Internet Reuniting Oldskool?

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Markz

Dont you think the net has had its part to play in reviving the Oldskool vibe??

I mean apart from being able to attract a captive audience from sites like this and others similar it has bought ppl back together from days gone by. Do you think the clubs doing nights would be as full if it wasnt for the net?

Also I think the fact that the mp3s are available has given ppl a taste for it again and then there is the id`s for the vinyl collectors that they would have perhaps never found these tunes.

Whats your thoughts??

Reminiscing

Oct 7, 2005
warrington
it cetainly has,
i had about 200 oldskool records back in 1995 but sold them for 70p each in 1997 as i was skint and it was the worst day of my life but i tried telling myself vinyl is dieing anyway, not to worry, but for me audiogalaxy was a lifeline trying my hardest to get all my old records back,on mp3
then when audiogalaxy shut i sort of gave up until i found this site this year and i'm living my youth again listening and collecting the oldskool vibe.
1990-1994 best days of my life

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
Before the internet etc....there were lots of us straggling onto the back end of old skool trying our best to stay with it when all our friends had moved on...then one by one we found each other....the group has grown and grown and look where it is today......we are a strong force to be reckond with!!! :thumbsup: lol ;) :p

Well i for am glad i found yas all cus i no longer go out with my other mates and whinge n moan all night that i want old skool :p :$

Mojo

Jan 27, 2005
Ricky`s in Leeds
I had my little box of tunes i had left and could do nothing but reminice about the old days, now i have built my collection up (just a little bit more) of tunes that i thought id never get, what with all the id`s and mp3 swaps.

Best thing that ever happened.:thumbsup:

CANO ...

VIP Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004
Manchestoh
Yeah defo i would say .. :thumbsup:

If it wasnt for finding Osa and Pirate Revival and the like minded peeps along with it i would have done nothing like what i have done as of last few years :king:

Long live the revival :D

Str33tb0y

Sep 14, 2005
Northern Star said:
Before the internet etc....there were lots of us straggling onto the back end of old skool trying our best to stay with it when all our friends had moved on...then one by one we found each other....the group has grown and grown and look where it is today......we are a strong force to be reckond with!!! :thumbsup: lol ;) :p

Well i for am glad i found yas all cus i no longer go out with my other mates and whinge n moan all night that i want old skool :p :$

init brilliant :thumbsup: :love: :D

ianb

Oct 27, 2005
Stafford
Str33tb0y said:
init brilliant :thumbsup: :love: :D
Oh yes indeed this is top.
I thought all those old days were gone for good,
But OSA and PR are kicking it up into a frenzy and
keeping the old vibes alive :thumbsup:

Ian

sgt.lead

Jan 31, 2004
Chorley.Lancs
Totally agree me and my mates have allways been very passionate about oldskool and before discoverin osa thought we were the last oldskool diehards around,little did we know ;) .

Plus it was allways so hard to describe the oldskool atmosphere to people who had`nt experienced it............now you just take them to hazy........ nuff said!!!:fekked: phones: :fekked:

The closest thing to the early 90`s I ever been to,once a month is still a bit to regular for me but I know that when that month comes around that I need a blowout I`am safe in the knowledge that there is a 100% garanteed top notch night out in liverpool full of like minded peeps with oldskool in their hearts which is very reasuring nowadays......;)

BIG UP OSA,PIRATE REVIVAL AND HAZY.......................:thumbsup:

F*!CK KNOWS WHAT I`D DO WITHOUT`EM!! :confused: