Internet providers

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

dods

Oct 13, 2004
Huddersfieldcestershirey
Alright guys,
I'm currently with Virgin for t'internet, tv and phone, but i am moving house next week to a non cable area so will have to switch providers. I am going to be getting Sky tv obviously so was thinking about going with them for t'internet and phone as well as i thought they might do some good deals. However, everytime i see that BT advert for that hub thing i am tempted - has anyone got sky/bt and would like to recommend/warn to stay well clear of either or any others for that matter.
Cheers in advance OSA massive :thumbsup: :cool:

Geeky

Apr 10, 2002
O2 LLU would be my advice if you can get it in your area. Also cheaper if you have an O2 phone. :eyebrow:

Unlimited downloading, No P2P throttling or traffic management, UK 24/7 free tech support.

I've been with em for 2 years and wouldn't consider changing it.

Aug 10, 2005
Blackburn
O2 LLU would be my advice if you can get it in your area. Also cheaper if you have an O2 phone. :eyebrow:

Unlimited downloading, No P2P throttling or traffic management, UK 24/7 free tech support.

I've been with em for 2 years and wouldn't consider changing it.

Heard nothing but good things about O2 broadband, as for BT, FOOK that :thumbsup:

stetheboro

Jul 21, 2001
Louisiana formerly Middlesbrough
Dont go with BT they are cnuts. I had BT Broadband ADSL and it ran at 2mb for about 8months, then dropped to below dial-up speed and BT told me that my line couldnt handle anymore than the speed I was getting?

After obtaining the CEO of BT's email address and emailing him my thoughts after about a week I was able to get 4mb and got complementary boxes of chocolates, bottles of wine and 6 months worth of free internet and telephone line rental. :thumbsup:

leaky

Apr 11, 2006
im on o2 and think its great. im in a non cable area and my old speed befor moving to 02 was roughley 4 - 5 meg download but more often than not around 2 :eek: it has been known that you cant get more than a max of 8 where we live, but 02 promised me upto 16 :D something to do with adsl 2 technology, anyway to try cut a long story shortish, who i was with already told me o2 were talking bollox and in my area it was max 8meg and 6 if i was lucky. but i switched anyway mainly because of how sound the guy at o2 was, and sure enough when i got set up and tested my speed i was getting between 12 and 13meg speed :D ive tested it lots of times since and always get the same. so i cant fault o2, and after an windows update the other day we lost connection and rang o2, they didn't baffle us with science or try fob us off, they just helped in an accent we could understand, and sorted it instantly :thumbsup:
and one more thing ive noticed, i never get kicked off call of duty on ps3 for having a poor connection :mad: i just get player kicked for beeing crap ;)

cant coment on sky, but o2 broadband has done us proud :thumbsup: and i would recomend it and the backup service to anyone.