I'm invading your spaces - input wanted

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Jen.in.NC

Dec 20, 2007
Arizona
I'll be visiting England (and a wee bit of Wales) for 2 weeks in May. (15th-29th to be exact - flying into Manchester)
I know what you might be thinking...

Great. Yet another fk'n American in our country who points, throws their head back, slaps their knee and laughs at their own idiotic joke as if they were the first to say, "LOOK KIDS! Big Ben! - Parliament!" ...they think they are superior and demand that you give them the service they deserve when undeserved, as they ungratefully scoff at everything that is different from the U.S compared to the UK...and they go onnn and onnn and onnn about how much they love our accents.
~breathe~

Was I close?

O.K. - no matter because my better half and I would not be considered such beasts.
What was this about again? Oh. right...your input wanted.

Some of you may have caught my "threats" in the OSA shout about stalking you lot when I'm there. Of course I don't want to stalk you, but I would like to know the cities/towns you live in and any off-the-beaten-paths you enjoy.

I'm desperately looking for and will be very appreciative for suggestions on good restaurants with good prices that won't break me, natural food/grocery stores, daytrips, inexpensive but safe hotels/hostels, and your best suggestion for edm on any given night in case we decide to venture out late night.

Of course of course of course, I would like to meet you lot but I'm not pushing that issue. That's completely your call as I know you have lives and goings-on that do not allow time for strangers roving your country.

Oh. And the part about not being THAT American....bit of a lie about the accent thing.

-Jen "a complete suckah for a british accent" in NC

Last edited:

GaryBaldi

Dec 30, 2003
Luton
Jen

Hello Jen,let us know the towns,cities and allt he areas you will be visiting and OSA peeps would be glad to let you know all the good places to visit etc etc..Hope you enjoy England and Wales

GAZ

:ANYWORD:

Jen.in.NC

Dec 20, 2007
Arizona
Hello Jen,let us know the towns,cities and allt he areas you will be visiting and OSA peeps would be glad to let you know all the good places to visit etc etc..Hope you enjoy England and Wales
GAZ
:ANYWORD:
Garyyyyyyyyyy. Whata ya know? My first planned stalkee responded first. ;)
:D

For the first time EVER, we're doing this trip with minimal plans.

All of England is fair game. We're going where the suggestions point us.

GaryBaldi

Dec 30, 2003
Luton
jen

well jen ,if you have never been then London is obviously a great place to visit.I live in Luton 30 MILES north of LONDON,.There are loads of great clubs ,places to eat etc in London..Luton is not too bad either ..

:ANYWORD: :cool:

highly recommended forrrrrrrrr? :)

he's absolutely having you on the big gayer...withenshawe is the biggest council estate in england.

MANCHESTER!!!!It's big, but not too big that u can't walk around it in a day. try looking at websites ("itchy" guide-these are good for any city... Guide to pubs, clubbing, bars, restaurants, shopping, hotels, eating, drinking, accommodation and smut - Itchy city guides )

depends what u wanna do...

im from manc, but i couldn't recoment Brighton highly enough...cultured/cool/trnedy/quirky/a "cool" british sea side resort...with music,clubbing, boutiques, gays, the sea, and rolling contryside not too far away. i love brighton, and plan to live there some day! gogogogogogogggggoooooooooooGO!

brighton_laines_000.jpg

Jen.in.NC

Dec 20, 2007
Arizona
withenshawe...right. "council estate"? is this what we would call "the ghetto" here in the u.s.? that's what i kind of thought coming from that shoomie one.

manchester and brighton are already on the list. thank you thank you thank you for your input, lozzie! any specific spots you enjoy?

duke! why the lol?...that's exactly what i hoped for - specific places! :D

Entropy92

Aug 8, 2001
Stoke
I can highly recommend Whythenshaw, Manchester.... extremely representative of that grim urban decay they call 'The North'...

lmao only drove through once. Needless to say the doors were LOCKED!

sorry to anyone who lives up there but the barb wire on the back walls didnt exactly inspire me with confidence

T.C

Sep 2, 2003
Dysfunction Junction
If you have absolutely no plans as to which parts you'll be visiting I'd try to get in a visit to Cornwall if you can, St Ives in particular. Its beautiful. But its literally right at the bottom of the country so you may not want to base yourself so far down and away from everything else??

Stratford upon Avon is nice and picturesque, and tourists like it too as they're visiting the birthplace of Shakespeare ;)

Will have a think of some more places for you later, gotta dash off now
:wave:

nics

Oct 5, 2004
im like herpes....never quite fcuk hoff!!!
I can highly recommend Whythenshaw, Manchester.... extremely representative of that grim urban decay they call 'The North'... :)

he's absolutely having you on the big gayer...withenshawe is the biggest council estate in england.

lmao only drove through once. Needless to say the doors were LOCKED!

sorry to anyone who lives up there but the barb wire on the back walls didnt exactly inspire me with confidence

OI!!

you bunch of turds, shawe upon the wyth is a very .......erm........cant think........its got loads of......erm........YOUR RIGHT ITS A SHIT HOLE!!!

but at least one good thing came from there.......ME!! :rofl:

wherever you go there are always gonna be a dodgy or a bad part of it and sometimes its a must to see some of these places coz not all of the UK is all tea and scones..........wythenshawe is more crackpipes n wrongbow and ASBO's:rofl:

i live in manchester and theres loads of places all over UK i would like to see and explore, so i would love to see other peoples responses and reccomendations:cops:

Jen, how are you travelling round the uk, are you going to hire a car or just use the good old reliable public transport? also are you staying in hotels or just gonna doss in the Youth Hostels??

tag

Mar 11, 2004
Byzantine period
You need to be visiting Liverpool Jen as this year hosts the European Capital of Culture 2008(see link)

Liverpool 08

Plenty to do and some top nights out to be had in the city.The city itself is not that big so easy to get around and most bars/clubs easy to find.

Definatley worth a visit if you head to the north west of England like

tag:) :) :thumbsup:

Gav

Feb 6, 2004
London
If you have absolutely no plans as to which parts you'll be visiting I'd try to get in a visit to Cornwall if you can, St Ives in particular. Its beautiful. But its literally right at the bottom of the country so you may not want to base yourself so far down and away from everything else??

I'll go with TC, Cornwall is tops, still retains an air of old style mystery and beauty! Get off the beaten track and discover all those hidden coves and the like!

I live in London, so I'll have a think of places that might float ya boat, depending on what you're into!

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
What sort of stuff interests you Jen? What do you want to get out of your trip?:S

When I travel somewhere I go there for a reason, ie I find out a bit about the place first and plan a rough mental itinery in no specific order of things i'd like to do and see there. Often I find other things I wanna do when I get there instead though:thumbsup:

If you fancy a bit of rambling in the countryside while you guys are over here, maybe doing a peak or just going off the beaten track then give me a shout:thumbsup: