Saysay

VIP Gold Member
Apr 20, 2003
Madchester
www.mixcloud.com
ste30 said:
grrr
u shouldnt be allowed anything
they should ask you what ur last meal would be, make it in front of u, then feed it to someone whos worth it :mad:

sorry if am missin the point of the thread, but still...

I know what you mean. If your going to be executed then you've obviously done a hideous crime therefore should not be intitiled to a 'last meal'!

Wolfy

Feb 17, 2003
London Taan
lol - gotta love the lateral thinking on here!?

Digthemusic - Good choice m8!

Ste30 - lol. Indeed, not sure if I agree with the death penalty - having seen a film called '14 days in May' years and years ago but I take yer point!

Having said that, that mass murderer in the U.S has just plea bargained on about 49 murders and has avoided the death penalty - he would defo be a candidate for your recommendation!? :)

Lesley - Creme Brulee hhhhmmmmmm luvvvvvvvlllllyyyyyyy :thumbsup:

Amelie

Sep 6, 2003
Tigger a man after my own heart- cant beat a little warm blood!

Erm, i dont actually agree with the death penaly at all, but was avoiding bringing this up as i was just trying to picture it as a 'last meal' in general.

:)

Amelie

Sep 6, 2003
Miss saysay said:
I know what you mean. If your going to be executed then you've obviously done a hideous crime therefore should not be intitiled to a 'last meal'!

Not always, and thats the problem really isnt it!:(

woody

Tigger said:
MMmmm, lets see; a rare fillet steak the size of a phonebook stuffed with blue stilton and dripping in peppercorn sauce with a fresh bagguette to mop the blood up....
!

exactly - i cant understand all these people who have their steaks well done - or anything above medium really - theres no flavour!! you may as well chew some leather

a rare 32oz bad bwoy would go down a treat though - nice n succulent - feck me i'm starvin gonna go n get a bacon butty from the shop downstairs now!

Saysay

VIP Gold Member
Apr 20, 2003
Madchester
www.mixcloud.com
lesley said:
Not always, and thats the problem really isnt it!:(

Unfortunatley this is true!! But most people convicted and sentanced to the death penatly do not actually recieve this!!

Despite the media coverage the death penalty receives, the imposition of the death penalty is actually very rare. Since 1967, there has been one execution for every 1600 murders, or 0.06 %. According to the FBI's Uniform Crime Report & Bureau of Justice Statistics, there have been approximately 560,000 murders and 358 executions from 1967-1996. By ratio, this is an exceptionally small percentage. Approximately 5900 persons have been sentenced to death and 358 executed from 1973-1996. An average of 0.2 % of those were executed every year during that time. Again, and exceptionally small ratio.

Amelie

Sep 6, 2003
Good i am glad to hear it!

I think that if one person has been exectuted and is innocent its one too many- altough i adopt a largley utilitarian veiw on most aspects of life- the death sentence is one wich i cannot comprehend on any level- as its so unjust.

But your point does raise some human rights issues, if your going to put someone throught he turmoil of sentenceing them to death- what kind of torture is it too keep them hanging on?

:confused:

Saysay

VIP Gold Member
Apr 20, 2003
Madchester
www.mixcloud.com
lesley said:
if your going to put someone throught he turmoil of sentenceing them to death- what kind of torture is it too keep them hanging on?

Your right! To be sentenaced to the Death penalty itself must be terrible (esp if you are an innocent man) but to be left 'waiting' for the day to arrive and never recieve this must be torture! I watched a documentary on the death penalty and they visited a jail where some of the prisoners had been waiting 20 years for there pentaly!! 20 years of wondering if this will be the last time you will wake up!! :S Ive also read about one guy who was convicted and sentenced then waited 26 years and then the charges were dropped!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Saysay

VIP Gold Member
Apr 20, 2003
Madchester
www.mixcloud.com
Miss Cola said:
All this talk of death row is making me think of poor old John Coffee! (as in the drink) :(

LOL! The green Mile!! What a top film that is aswell! :thumbsup:

Poor ole John coffee (as in the drink!) lol
green.mile.jpg

nowthen

Nov 6, 2002
Stockport
woody said:
that Ian huntley tw@t shuld be fried by his bollocks:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Just been readin about that while I was waitin for me butty in the cafe.

His defence has said that he admits that the 2 little girls went to his house an died shortly after and that he buried them but he doesn't admit to murder.:confused:

Errr...how the fack dya work that out.

He hasn't even got the balls to admit to what hes done, so puts the girls parents thro a trial.

the death penelty should be brought back for wankers like him. He doesn't deserve to breath.

:mad:

In fact I'd flick the switch meself.

sirius

Registered Member
Dec 28, 2001
woody said:
exactly - i cant understand all these people who have their steaks well done - or anything above medium really - theres no flavour!! you may as well chew some leather

No way, if I got served some meat in a restaurant and it was even remotely bloody, I think Id be demanding it was taken away and cooked PROPERLY lol.

Why not go even more bloodier - and just go to a farmyard n stick a fork in something thats passing you by? jeesus.

Sirius.

nowthen

Nov 6, 2002
Stockport
sirius said:
No way, if I got served some meat in a restaurant and it was even remotely bloody, I think Id be demanding it was taken away and cooked PROPERLY lol.

Why not go even more bloodier - and just go to a famyard n stick a fork in something thats passing you by? jeesus.

Sirius.

I love my steak bloody, yer can dip yer bread into it then!:D

dracula.jpg

Dinner is served!!