I'd like to properly introduce myself !

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Firthsta 2.0

Jun 9, 2023
Howdy,

Back in the day I got hooked on the music through being introduced to pirate radio in the summer of 91. Specifically PCR radio in Bradford. I taped most of the shows.
It wasn't until a couple of years later when I started going to proper clubs (prior to that it was indie student nights or tacky commercial clubs trying to pull)
Gallery in Leeds was the first, then a few weeks later the Empire in Morcambe.
Since then I've been to Back To Basics, Up Yer Ronson, Angels, Bowlers, Cream, Hard times, The Orbit, a few free parties like spawnee posse, Sound Factory NYC (Twilo) Missed out on the Hacienda. Was supposed to go one night, but we got lost en route so decided to go to Angels instead.
Haven't been out since the Pandemic ! Last time was Club Space Miami in 2019 (Amazing venue !!)
Visiting my parents in Altrincham from Sept 11th-24th
I want to go to Berlin for my 50th birthday next year and rave at Berghain and Tresor etc.
Can't wait to get back on the dance floor.

Last edited:

chinatownswhite

Feb 2, 2008
Middlander
Welcome to OSA Firthsta great intro (y)

I think we all remember those tacky commercial clubs ;)

I used to love pirate radios I used to listen to Heatwave, which was ran from the back of a bakery in Nottingham they played a mixture of stuff, and you always got to hear new stuff.
I also tuned into to Rave FM from notts but we had to frive to becaon hill to pick it up better, there signal was no where near has strong has Heatwaves, which could be picked up really loud and clear across the midlands.

Also tuned into Fresh FM from leicester now and again.

Last edited:

Firthsta 2.0

Jun 9, 2023
Welcome to OSA Firthsta great intro (y)

I think we all remember those tacky commercial clubs ;)

I used to love pirate radios I used to listen to Heatwave, which was ran from the back of a bakery in Nottingham they played a mixture of stuff, and you always got to hear new stuff.
I also tuned into to Rave FM from notts but we had to frive to becaon hill to pick it up better, there signal was no where near has strong has Heatwaves, which could be picked up really loud and clear across the midlands.

Also tuned into Fresh FM from leicester now and again.
Those were the days. I'd also tune into Dream FM occasionally who were Leeds based. They released a few decent mix tapes too with genres like garage, house, techno, hardcore etc.

Reactions: chinatownswhite