IBIZA! Tips, Advice, Info please!

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

amymars

Apr 28, 2006
Standish
Okay….I need advice and tips and all the information I can get.

My friends and I are off to Ibiza this year for our holidays, and we have saved up a lot of money so we can enjoy the clubs to the max. We are all inclusive with the hotel so any money we take is spending money. We tend to like House (a couple of us love our old skool and will stray away from funky house) but on the whole I would say that the group I’m with like commercial dance/house music.

We are only there for 10 days……and it seems all the opening parties are on for the time we are there! Obviously we can’t physically party every night, so we want to know what people think are the nights ‘not to be missed’. Opinions please! We would also like to know where it is best to get tickets, and should we get them before we go, or will it be cheaper once we are there, thanks! :D :D :D

11th June – La Troya Opening Party
Meganite Opening Party
Garlands Opening Party

12th June- Cream Opening Party
Twice as Nice at Eden
F**k Me I’m Famous @ Pacha

13th June- Wonderland Opening Party @ Eden
Miss Moneypennys @ El Divino
Basement Jaxx @ Pacha

14th June- People from Ibiza Opening Party @ Amnesia
Hed Kandi Opening Party

15th June – We Love Space Opening Party
Judgement Sunday @ Eden
The Sound of Bassline Opening Party at Es Paradis
Pacha Classics Opening Party

16th June- Cocoon Opening Party @ Amnesia
Release Yourself Opening Party @ Pacha (Roger Sanchez and Retro Classics)

17th June- Armada Opening Party @ Amnesia (Martijn ten Velden, Armin Van Buuren)
Advanced vs Tidy @ Eden (Dave Pearce & The Tidy Boys)
Defected @ Pacha (Junior Jack, Todd Terry, Kid Crème)

18th June- Amnesia Made In Italy
Subliminal with Eric Morillo

*sam*

VIP Silver Member
May 6, 2006
ah blow the budget and go to em all! ha
I love ibiza- its the bestest plce ive been, nice shops for shoppin too i.e. hangbags& sexy clothes!!
Ummm but u've deffo gotta 2do a trip 2the sunset strip- where mambo& cafe del mar are- it'll b the best sunset u've ever witnesed!!
I myself am going for the closing parties, prefer em:)
Ul deffo hav an ace time!

Presuming Ed

Space on sundays is a must imo...I would imagine that if you bought your tickets from Space Ibiza you would save something on the door price. I mentioned on another thread there are some less known nights worth checking out...like ibiza underground on a weds, and KM5 near san jose which is a bit different (its a few years since i last went mind, and in the light of noise pollution clampdowns on the island, things my have changed)...definitely try and eat out of town at least once, we asked a taxi driver for info on a restaurant where the locals at near san jose and was amazed at the location and quality of the food, Ed

*sam*

VIP Silver Member
May 6, 2006
Oh yeh 4got about tht, there's a record shop opposite the pacha merchendise shop tht does the cheapest tickets around! deffo gotta go there 4em 2stretch ur budget:)
Oooh im gettin excited now!!

Tony Ross

Jan 9, 2007
Okay….I need advice and tips and all the information I can get.

My friends and I are off to Ibiza this year for our holidays, and we have saved up a lot of money so we can enjoy the clubs to the max. We are all inclusive with the hotel so any money we take is spending money. We tend to like House (a couple of us love our old skool and will stray away from funky house) but on the whole I would say that the group I’m with like commercial dance/house music.

We are only there for 10 days……and it seems all the opening parties are on for the time we are there! Obviously we can’t physically party every night, so we want to know what people think are the nights ‘not to be missed’. Opinions please! We would also like to know where it is best to get tickets, and should we get them before we go, or will it be cheaper once we are there, thanks! :D :D :D

11th June – La Troya Opening Party
Meganite Opening Party
Garlands Opening Party

12th June- Cream Opening Party
Twice as Nice at Eden
F**k Me I’m Famous @ Pacha

13th June- Wonderland Opening Party @ Eden
Miss Moneypennys @ El Divino
Basement Jaxx @ Pacha

14th June- People from Ibiza Opening Party @ Amnesia
Hed Kandi Opening Party

15th June – We Love Space Opening Party
Judgement Sunday @ Eden
The Sound of Bassline Opening Party at Es Paradis
Pacha Classics Opening Party

16th June- Cocoon Opening Party @ Amnesia
Release Yourself Opening Party @ Pacha (Roger Sanchez and Retro Classics)

17th June- Armada Opening Party @ Amnesia (Martijn ten Velden, Armin Van Buuren)
Advanced vs Tidy @ Eden (Dave Pearce & The Tidy Boys)
Defected @ Pacha (Junior Jack, Todd Terry, Kid Crème)

18th June- Amnesia Made In Italy
Subliminal with Eric Morillo

hi amy

best not to try and plan anything coz it will go out the window anyway

best just getting there and talking to the reps about good places to go

defo go to mambo, delmar, savhana to watch the sun set, best about 8pm to get a seat

tickets are about the same price where ever you get em from so best not buy in advance in case your plans change. have a good trip

CANO ...

VIP Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004
Manchestoh
stay out of the west end , eden & es paradis :D defo do space that was one of the best nights out i have ever had :king:

have a nice holiday :cool:

CANO ...

VIP Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004
Manchestoh
arr just realised you have a couple of dates for eden , just my opinion like , i thought that place was just like being in one of the local nightclubs round my end :condom:

your holiday anyways , see for yourself :D

amymars

Apr 28, 2006
Standish
Thanks everyone....I've never been before so I don't have a clue. I suppose I can't plan too much, just don't want to get there and be spoilt for choice, and end up paying looooads right at the last min :eek:

Michie

VIP Silver Member
Jul 5, 2007
Stoke
Do space, its the best day / night i have ever had. I think you have got to experience the west end, even if it is like a saturday night out at home. Also try and get to mambo for the sunset :love: :love: I havent been for a few years but i absolutley loved coastline during the day, nice food and nice people :)

mr ben

Mar 22, 2006
huyton
should always try a visit the jail in ibiza town , dusty sand walls , a hole in the ground for a toilet and a good kicking before bed time , deffo recommended :thumbsup: :p

coggledots

Aug 11, 2005
Harrogate
Take lots & lots of spends....I spent 3.5K in 14 days, but i was on honeymoon lol! Flew in at 8pm (ish) had spent 500 euros by 11, scary money.

amymars

Apr 28, 2006
Standish
Take lots & lots of spends....I spent 3.5K in 14 days, but i was on honeymoon lol! Flew in at 8pm (ish) had spent 500 euros by 11, scary money.

lol sounds about right! Thats why we've never been before....but we've all managed to save £1000 for the week for this year :D

we've all managed to save £1000 for the week for this year :D

Ah, you'll be sweeeeeet with that. It is expensive...but ive managed on half that before. It seems your tastes are a little different to mine-but i'd avoid eden (scally central)...but like chez says-you'll love el divino (its about ten paces from eden.

Try and get urself to some different stuff tho (ibiza underground/dc10-and deffinately space on sundays-deffinately etc) just to try-you never know what you may like. Ibiza is the sort of place you don't want an itinerary for...going with the flow, meeting randoms and ending up wasted on some random beach is where it's all at!!!

You'll have a smart time anyways im sure!!!

x