Ibiza Advice

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

adamw

Feb 13, 2007
Disco Outcast
I'm looking for a little assistance here - a friend of mine is off to Ibiza soon staying in the bay of San An for a week and it's her first time - she's on a limited budget and wants to make the most of her time there... where are the best places to go this season and what's this best ploy to avoid getting ripped off at the big clubs? :S

I know a few people off here have been this year so any inside information would be much appreciated.... :cool:

Thanks in advance!

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
I stayed in the bay last sept and loved it!#
Tbh Adam i dont think there is any way to avoid getting ripped off by big clubs any more, even with cheaper wristbands is shockingly expensive and the drinks are just ridiculous.

My advice these days would be avoid big clubs and go n do the day time thing, just as good, sunshine city, music, sea, sand and sangria, fabulous! Who needs big clubs charging 18-20£ euros per drink unless u wanna pay 8 euros for a teeny bottle of water!

The only other club night id consider really is pacha, book into the restaurant there (highly recommended) the food is fantastic and you get free entry into the club afterwards. You have to spend 80 euros per person to get in free, but considering entry is between 50-60 euros anyway its well worth it, we spent about 40 euros on the meal and bumped it up with the wine so we were nicely pissed before we went in so no need to spend too much behind the bar who were charging extortionate prices!

The Hippy market is a good day out, find the band stand in the centre of the market grab a table and get legless lol the prices are the cheapest ive found for beer up there and the live music is a real treat when they start :thumbsup:

seandelier

Dec 8, 2006
Trip to the beaches in Formentera is a good day out.

Theres a wee carry out place in PDB where you can sit outside and drink and then head to Space on Sunday after a bit of Bora Bora. Most nights I went to last year I managed to get wristbands which gave free or very cheap entry.

Space was full of undercover though so watch out for that.

Miss C

May 18, 2003
New York
Having worked 3 seasons out there - briefly as i'm at work i'd say:-

They need to speak to WORKERS and find out, every day, what free parties are on that night. They are 100 times better than any of the clubs anyway. Moonlight beach parties etc.

Cala Gracio beach party is next weekend I think!! Its basically a rave on a beach - both years i've been were 2 of the best nights of my life :) Ask workers. for the info.

They need to say they are a worker in bars, and they'll get drinks for 2e as opposed to 10e. Just make up a place you work at.

'Underground' is free and is one of the best clubs out there!!!! - designed for workers - they 100% need to go there. Its one of the coolest clubs on the island altho unfortunately its become a little more discovered now...

Avoid Pacha etc - way overpriced. Get to know workers who can put people on their guestlists.

Go to the Zoo project on a Saturday, Bora Bora (FREE and amazing!) then (optionally) Space after Bora Bora on a Sunday and Cocoon on a monday - and if they have enough money, Monza at Privilege on a Thursday - they are the places worth spending the money on. :)

jcf

Mar 27, 2007
Manchester
Hi Adam

If she's there between 3rd and 6th September she can come for a day out on our yacht! Seriously, pal of mine's boss is - mentally - letting us have his yacht for that weekend (he's taking it as his bonus for the past 2 years or somat - who cares!?!)

We've also managed to get on the guesty for a Hed Kandi night at Space (do you not resi there ;) ?) courtesy of Tiesto's best man, so it seems we might've dropped on all round.

Let us know if it's that weekend and if she wants to hook up. Reckon I could do with keeping on your good side for a certain evening later that month. All booked up now for that btw. Just need to finalise menus etc and I'll be in touch re playlists. Oh, and if you could see what you can do on the Yellow tickets front... got a few peeps salivating over that too. Will give you a bell soon.

:wave:

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
Hi Adam

If she's there between 3rd and 6th September she can come for a day out on our yacht! Seriously, pal of mine's boss is - mentally - letting us have his yacht for that weekend (he's taking it as his bonus for the past 2 years or somat - who cares!?!)

We've also managed to get on the guesty for a Hed Kandi night at Space (do you not resi there ;) ?) courtesy of Tiesto's best man, so it seems we might've dropped on all round.

Let us know if it's that weekend and if she wants to hook up. Reckon I could do with keeping on your good side for a certain evening later that month. All booked up now for that btw. Just need to finalise menus etc and I'll be in touch re playlists. Oh, and if you could see what you can do on the Yellow tickets front... got a few peeps salivating over that too. Will give you a bell soon.

:wave:

Any room for a little un?;)

I'd love to get out there and see what it's all about:cool:

adamw

Feb 13, 2007
Disco Outcast
Thanks a million - you guys are all superstars!!!! :D
Some fantastic information there....

Any more???? Has anyone been to KM5 or the funky lounge in Savannah's this season?
Ed - can you give me some more info on KM5???? I know where it is but is there transport available to get to it?

Presuming Ed

It's on the San Jose rd. Apparently it's about 5 kilometres from Ibiza town. we stayed in san Jose so it was only up the road from our hotel. Shouldn't be too expensive in a taxi. I would also second the recommendation by miss c for Ibiza Underground. Great club, sensible drinks prices (well in 2004 anyway) and free entry. Ed

Presuming Ed

Yeah i was kind of stating the obvious there ha ha. I was meaning more it's position in relation to another town, but then you know where it is. It's a good venue as it has a fairly quiet chilled area which is like being in a sort of garden with alot of plants around, then a more enclosed small nightclub area which i think stays open till 3 possibly. Ed

C

capverz

Only been to Ibiza once in my teens and never felt the urge to do it again,

partly because the following year went all the way to Rio during the carnival

and had the best experience of a lifetime utterly amazing. :bounce4: