Ian Ossia @ JOY, Mission, Leeds 11-02-05

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

kells&tots

Jun 11, 2004
Leeds
IAN OSSIA @ JOY. MISSION, LEEDS 11TH FEBRUARY 2005

Here is a set from JOY regular IAN OSSIA, this one is a classics set from February 2005 just before he became a resident.

Send big files the easy way with sendspace. Files too large for email attachments? No problem!

cowsjoy2ny1fb2.gif

kells&tots

Jun 11, 2004
Leeds
nice one every thing comes to he who waits .:p
to be a cheeky c&?$ have you ripped the 4 th February 06 (luv dub) night
and see if you can guess the other one am after ................... .;)

i have over 50 sets from JOY so ill just do random ones every time iv go a free moment, ill work on the ones i know u are wanting first:cool:

Meese

Apr 16, 2005
Bradford
IAN OSSIA @ JOY. MISSION, LEEDS 11TH FEBRUARY 2005

Here is a set from JOY regular IAN OSSIA, this one is a classics set from February 2005 just before he became a resident.

Send big files the easy way with sendspace. Files too large for email attachments? No problem!

cowsjoy2ny1fb2.gif
Ian
Ossia,what a fucking DJ.never thought he quite got the recognition/respect he deserved back in the day but always thought he was quality after i saw at Physiques in Bradford,must have paid him a bit to play there as it was a right dive.anyway cheers for the upload.:thumbsup:

kells&tots

Jun 11, 2004
Leeds
Glad u all like guys, Ian is a close friend,and has been a great force in the Joy team he was always one of the best DJs back in the day and still is today although he dont play too much nowdays due to his new business he has just set up., ill be uploading loads more of his Joy sets soon including ones from the new music events

He wasnt in the uk as much as some of the other dj's back in the 90's, i think its 6 times he travelled the world DJ'ing for Renaissance. then around the year 2000 he then had problems from other residents at Renaissance but ill not get into that, he also had some bad news in his family which also didnt help.
Its worth noting he actually helped set Renaissance up from the very start, before Digweed was involved even!

His Renaissance Vol 1 is still regarded as one of the best ever Renaissance releases and is worth a decent amount of cash now if u have the limited edition release version, which i do hehehe

as for the live percussion, its something we do quite oftern:gigolo:

more JOY sets coming soon guys:gigolo:

Ed_the_ball

May 15, 2004
Chester
Gotta say my eyes nearly popped out my head when i saw Ian's name, so i,d be delighted to grab this and listen to his recent stuff. Yes he was there from the start of the Renaissance era, i was a regular at venue 44 and always enjoyed his sets without fail. He was very highly thought of amongst the regulars. Could you stick an old set up of his as i know i have none on hdd and tbh i think any tapes have gone down the wayside.

Is he still resident @ Joy ?????

Thanks for upping this

kells&tots

Jun 11, 2004
Leeds
Gotta say my eyes nearly popped out my head when i saw Ian's name, so i,d be delighted to grab this and listen to his recent stuff. Yes he was there from the start of the Renaissance era, i was a regular at venue 44 and always enjoyed his sets without fail. He was very highly thought of amongst the regulars. Could you stick an old set up of his as i know i have none on hdd and tbh i think any tapes have gone down the wayside.

Is he still resident @ Joy ?????

Thanks for upping this

I have many mixes of his to upload, new and classics, a JOY fave, much respect to u for been in the kno on him, he was very well regarded your so right, sometimes people who didnt know him for his sets at Renaissance dont respect him and what he has done for the scene as much as he deserves.

A really sound guy, i have had many a night with him hearing some right stories haahha

ill be uploading more of his mixes in the coming weeks so keep a look out, he has had a bit of time off DJ'ing to set up his own flash website company which is keeping him very busy, he is doing well for himself, but in a nutshell he is still part of our team and will be featuring at JOY for some special partys again soon :gigolo:

dodgymix

I have many mixes of his to upload, new and classics, a JOY fave, much respect to u for been in the kno on him, he was very well regarded your so right, sometimes people who didnt know him for his sets at Renaissance dont respect him and what he has done for the scene as much as he deserves.

A really sound guy, i have had many a night with him hearing some right stories haahha

ill be uploading more of his mixes in the coming weeks so keep a look out, he has had a bit of time off DJ'ing to set up his own flash website company which is keeping him very busy, he is doing well for himself, but in a nutshell he is still part of our team and will be featuring at JOY for some special partys again soon :gigolo:

looking forward to this (only at 2% argh:mad: :cry: :$ )

I'm still sniffing round for the nipper set if you could up I'd bve eternally grateful.

would also be chuffed if you could sent me Pauls email address, I'm off Shanghai in September & wouldn't mind meeting up for a beer,
I used have a lot of chin wags back in the day but haven't spoke to him for a couple of years since his Dejure / spot on website stopped

brown29

Jan 21, 2004
Leeds

kells&tots

Jun 11, 2004
Leeds
looking forward to this (only at 2% argh:mad: :cry: :$ )

I'm still sniffing round for the nipper set if you could up I'd bve eternally grateful.

would also be chuffed if you could sent me Pauls email address, I'm off Shanghai in September & wouldn't mind meeting up for a beer,
I used have a lot of chin wags back in the day but haven't spoke to him for a couple of years since his Dejure / spot on website stopped

The Nipper set will be coming soon, once i have a moment to rip it from DAT, its a 3 hour set..

iv got some secret recordings of Nipper on my personal Decks too from when he stayed at my house, its quite mad, mostly scratching. i might upload that at some point too.
he had a few emails so ill find out which one he is using the most as he swaps and changes loads haha

dodgymix

The Nipper set will be coming soon, once i have a moment to rip it from DAT, its a 3 hour set..

iv got some secret recordings of Nipper on my personal Decks too from when he stayed at my house, its quite mad, mostly scratching. i might upload that at some point too.
he had a few emails so ill find out which one he is using the most as he swaps and changes loads haha

cheers Fella, would be nice to meet him for a "Tsingtao"

would love to here the mad mixes. he made one called "dope de bunk" that he gave me which was mint, loads of double tracking, cutting & scratching of stuff like chemical brothers, west street mob, ice T & loads of otherstuff

even starts with "have you ever seen an Elephant fly"...

chris17

Sep 15, 2005
leeds
if your doing requests mate how about IAN OSSIA nye 04/05@the cornxchange;)

i can remember hearing it at tots house what a set that was especially the first tune:thumbsup: