I Hate my Job with a passion

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Dj Britalian

Nov 19, 2001
On the edge
Just on a ranting mission today :mad:

Its lovely outside & i am stuck in a dingy office with my boss, who is 'David Brent' :naughty:

God, he never talks & he loves havin a dig :mad:

I would'nt mind if he did any work, he gives it all to me. I have to park miles away while he has a spot outside. He sits on the internet all day & i get the odd 10 mins here or there.

Rant over, lol.

Anyone else have this problem :confused:

Roll on 5pm i say :wave:

Elev8/Levit8

May 8, 2006
I hear ya mate...
Some peeps would say "...it's bound to be worse when the weather's nice cos you want to be outside so you notice it more...
Shite, says I. A depressing job is a depressing job regardless. Tropical weather outside is just another kick in the bollocks.

My "boss" has his head so far up his own arse he can't see what's happening 10 feet in front of him. He's talking shite & shuffling papers while Rome burns. Half the peeps here take the piss... arrive late/go home early... days off "working from home" whenever they feel like it (or its sunny)... dragging out trivial jobs over days & days... Some of us make the effort. Drag our arses in early every day rain or shine... stay late... never go on the sick... never take the piss... we are the silent minority who shift 90% of the work.

When the credits are dished out, is it those peeps who get mentioned? Course not, it's the loudmouthed t*ssers who never shut up & only stop talking to kiss his arse.

Fact of life, man... Never gonna change... I just take comfort from the fact that if anyone ever asks me about any worky stuff, I'll know the answer. That goes a long way with customers. They know who will get the job done, and who is a waste of time :thumbsup: As for the weather, the only positive thing I can say is I know peeps who are home all day & are bored shitless... they totally take it for granted, whereas if I get a day off in the sun I appreciate every minute of it...

Dj Britalian

Nov 19, 2001
On the edge
Elev8/Levit8 said:
I hear ya mate...
Some peeps would say "...it's bound to be worse when the weather's nice cos you want to be outside so you notice it more...
Shite, says I. A depressing job is a depressing job regardless. Tropical weather outside is just another kick in the bollocks.

My "boss" has his head so far up his own arse he can't see what's happening 10 feet in front of him. He's talking shite & shuffling papers while Rome burns. Half the peeps here take the piss... arrive late/go home early... days off "working from home" whenever they feel like it (or its sunny)... dragging out trivial jobs over days & days... Some of us make the effort. Drag our arses in early every day rain or shine... stay late... never go on the sick... never take the piss... we are the silent minority who shift 90% of the work.

When the credits are dished out, is it those peeps who get mentioned? Course not, it's the loudmouthed t*ssers who never shut up & only stop talking to kiss his arse.

Fact of life, man... Never gonna change... I just take comfort from the fact that if anyone ever asks me about any worky stuff, I'll know the answer. That goes a long way with customers. They know who will get the job done, and who is a waste of time :thumbsup: As for the weather, the only positive thing I can say is I know peeps who are home all day & are bored shitless... they totally take it for granted, whereas if I get a day off in the sun I appreciate every minute of it...

Well put fella :thumbsup:

S-J

Staff member
VIP Gold Member
Yep I hear you also hun.... :eyebrow:

My advice, it will make you feel way way better is too;

"Get a great big Chopper and hack him up" ;)

Whilst laughing insanely at him telling him its his own fault!!

He wont say boo to a goose after that and he'll give you his car parking space!! lol

Chin up cherub!! Soldier onwards and it will all be just fine! :thumbsup:

S-J x :love:

Ponka

Aug 27, 2005
Middleton
www.mcfc.co.uk
I bet its not as bad as mine; I work 12 hour shifts alternating days and nights from 6 til 6. Oh and I work 4 days on 4 off so I have to cover weekends every few weeks like this weekend I'll be working friday saturday sunday monday night 6 til 6.

If that doesn't kill your social life what will ??:cry: :spin:

Even on the days of i usually work at least one day overtime as well.

diffussion

Jul 4, 2006
newton heath
Ponka said:
I bet its not as bad as mine; I work 12 hour shifts alternating days and nights from 6 til 6. Oh and I work 4 days on 4 off so I have to cover weekends every few weeks like this weekend I'll be working friday saturday sunday monday night 6 til 6.

If that doesn't kill your social life what will ??:cry: :spin:

Even on the days of i usually work at least one day overtime as well.

I do exactly the same ponka mate and go college on a thurs, would rather do 4 on 4 off than work all week just to get 2 days off, not inot that

nowthen

Nov 6, 2002
Stockport
Its fakin hard graft on a building site in this weather, still I'd much rather be red hot than piss wet thru and freezing to death like I am the other 8 or 9 months of the year.

plus, If I get laid off soon I can always open my own curry gaff, got a right old tan.:thumbsup:

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
I've just started back at work today and it's been really hard going - especially in this heat, but i'm loving it because i'm doing something:p :)

biggz

Jul 9, 2006
wirral
nowthen said:
Its fakin hard graft on a building site in this weather, still I'd much rather be red hot than piss wet thru and freezing to death like I am the other 8 or 9 months of the year.

plus, If I get laid off soon I can always open my own curry gaff, got a right old tan.:thumbsup:
2 true man 2 true

Eddy Osborne

Sep 4, 2002
nowthen said:

Crazy, I was arguing with my mate today about that, this week on site has been an absolute nightmare but id rather it be how it is now than not being able to feel your fuckin fingers or toes which is most of the time. He was saying he would prefer it cold but hes only saying that cos he was hot the nob head, sun for me :thumbsup:

nowthen

Nov 6, 2002
Stockport
Eddy Osborne said:
Crazy, I was arguing with my mate today about that, this week on site has been an absolute nightmare but id rather it be how it is now than not being able to feel your fuckin fingers or toes which is most of the time. He was saying he would prefer it cold but hes only saying that cos he was hot the nob head, sun for me :thumbsup:

We got off at 2pm, an got paid for the full day, cos the main gaffer said it was too hot for him to walk about, so he didn't expect anyone to graft in it!:thumbsup:

loads of us went straight to the river with a load of tinnies an weed, diving off the weir...lush afternoon...prob have the shits for a few days after swimming in that river tho...pollutioned up ta fuck.:S

Benny-Digital

Apr 20, 2006
Pink makes the boys wink....
nowthen said:
We got off at 2pm, an got paid for the full day, cos the main gaffer said it was too hot for him to walk about, so he didn't expect anyone to graft in it!:thumbsup:

loads of us went straight to the river with a load of tinnies an weed, diving off the weir...lush afternoon...prob have the shits for a few days after swimming in that river tho...pollutioned up ta fuck.:S

Fuck me.. Giz a job..

li'l Sonz

Apr 27, 2005
Manchester
www.myspace.com
well, what can I say about my arsehole boss, I've already done some post about this so some already know!

He's a total tosser and now I've got my qualification, I can leave, thank fuck!!!

I cant even be arsed goin into it coz I'll get too irate and start goin on and do this massive post no-one will be arsed to read any hoo!!! Just know ur not alone!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :thumbsup: