how good was the hacienda

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Shynarr

May 1, 2011
on the outskirts of frisco
you hear people go on about the hassss like it was the best night club ever
well am sorry but they wouldnt know a good club if they got smashed over the head with one :)
shaboos in blackpool "sasha & steve williams " was better
sett end blackburn " shacks & lee " was better
monrose great harwood "john j & green binns & welly " was better
sequinns blackpool "mix factory djs" on a parr
DONT BELIVE THE HYPE :) :)

you hear people go on about the hassss like it was the best night club ever
well am sorry but they wouldnt know a good club if they got smashed over the head with one :)
shaboos in blackpool "sasha & steve williams " was better
sett end blackburn " shacks & lee " was better
monrose great harwood "john j & green binns & welly " was better
sequinns blackpool "mix factory djs" on a parr
DONT BELIVE THE HYPE :) :)

Guess you never went to the Hac then ;) ;)

guess again i used to go wednesday n saturdays and had some good times but a shitty little club on shadsworth called sett end was rockin in a way that the hasss was far to cool to

:D guessed you did :thumbsup: just mucking about!!

same here, wednesdays and saturdays.. loved it

had some top nights elsewhere too, KU in Huddersfield, Legends, etc... for me what makes a good club is the same dj working the same crowd week in week out, developing the music, reading the crowd etc...

legends was a great night but god it was a shit club :|

i can see your point about it being cool... but the Hac was a love it or hate it place, you knew as soon as you walked through the door... or through the plastic thingies hanging down if lucky to remember the club then

the blue note at todmordden was always a top night with Russ too, again top residency:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Sorry the Thunderdome was in Manchester long long time ago oh yes we did have a thunderdome in warrington as well before Alan had to spend some time with her magesty

NICE BADGES SEVENUK sold all mine worth a few quid...hey you down here as well

With regards to The Hacienda it was banging but went a bit directional when they pulled down the so called "peter Hook wall of sound" not as good on the dance floor then

Last edited:
Sorry the Thunderdome was in Manchester long long time ago oh yes we did have a thunderdome in warrington as well before Alan had to spend some time with her magesty

NICE BADGES SEVENUK sold all mine worth a few quid...hey you down here as well

Aye the Thunderdome saw some excellent nights.. the one in warrington was way to dodgy for me :|

ive got two of the bagdes on flea bay this weekend (i have some spare copies), plus i am thinking of listing the ones in the pic as a job lot... thing is how much for :|

living in Cornwall mainly if that is what you mean Steve, stay in Stockport in the week when away with work... and pop over to warrington to use my decks lol... sounds complicated... my heart is definately in manchester and my soul went with the hac lol

have a good one..:thumbsup:

ComaProject

Oct 24, 2010
The Hac was great because it had some top nights/music on. But imho the club itself was pretty shite, mainly cause of the poor sound system. Also you couldn’t see the DJ.. so there was no interaction with the crowd.

Best club of all time for me was the PSV in Manchester (also originally owned by factory - but known then as the Russell Club). Small, crowded club with sweat dripping from the ceiling, and banging tunes all night. DJ in full view to the side of the stage. Perfect!

Shynarr

May 1, 2011
on the outskirts of frisco
The Hac was great because it had some top nights/music on. But imho the club itself was pretty shite, mainly cause of the poor sound system. Also you couldn’t see the DJ.. so there was no interaction with the crowd.

Best club of all time for me was the PSV in Manchester (also originally owned by factory - but known then as the Russell Club). Small, crowded club with sweat dripping from the ceiling, and banging tunes all night. DJ in full view to the side of the stage. Perfect!
PSV club ha harr was that in hulme propper shady club and some mad place called the kitchen after it

say £25 a pop I guess beautiful badge but hated the night lol total indi

played at the Kitchen on numerous occasions good old Hulme

lol.... it was typical indie... used to be an indie DJ til 89 when i got threatened if i didnt play any rockabilly ffs... needless to say he didnt get what he wanted... tis when i switched to house fully...

actually got threatened for playing duran duran too... he couldnt understand that the record i was playing was on an indie label and number one in the indie charts!! glad i switched to house

i think (if my memory is correct!!!:| ) that i recall you playing the Hac one wednesday night, the substance i was on and the music meant i couldn't get off the dance floor, all i could do was dance lol pure state of mind, every time i tried to get a drink the music rooted me there!! lol then Jon da silva came on and slowed things down and i trotted off... ace night :D and somewhat surreal experience :D

somehow it felt safe going to the kitchen too.... some good nights spent in there...

Last edited:
lol.... it was typical indie... used to be an indie DJ til 89 when i got threatened if i didnt play any rockabilly ffs... needless to say he didnt get what he wanted... tis when i switched to house fully...

actually got threatened for playing duran duran too... he couldnt understand that the record i was playing was on an indie label and number one in the indie charts!! glad i switched to house

i think (if my memory is correct!!!:| ) that i recall you playing the Hac one wednesday night, the substance i was on and the music meant i couldn't get off the dance floor, all i could do was dance lol pure state of mind, every time i tried to get a drink the music rooted me there!! lol then Jon da silva came on and slowed things down and i trotted off... ace night :D and somewhat surreal experience :D

somehow it felt safe going to the kitchen too.... some good nights spent in there...

it was a lfe changer the whole thing 7 funny as better than working

Anyway how good was the Hacienda it was massive especially under the balcony to the left where Bezz and Shaun were barking best times

Last edited: