House That Chicago Built (Film 2012)

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Whipper

Sep 4, 2010
Salford
Lil Louis is doing a film,if you look at the vid from 5-14 you`ll see who will be in it!

Thank you. Your response from the teaser has refilled the heart I emptied to share my Dad’s final journey. I needed to enter my new door of creativity, Directing, by honoring who opened the first. I’m excited to make my migration to Hollywood, and I won’t stop until Martin Scorsese, Clint Eastwood, and Steven Spielberg are my peers. My new journey, howbeit, is different because when we created House music neither I nor anyone else thought about history. Fortunately, I was there from birth. So I can take you back in time. But now, I have 2 things, experience, and a camera. So you and I can make, and timeline new history. I want you to follow and share each trailer I create up to the release of the film, which I promise will be one of the most important music films in history. I’m ready to fly beyond the clouds into legacy, and I’m willing to ride through any turbulence, because God is my pilot. You coming? First class, of course. I need the window seat… My second trailer… Below.
Until the next,

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6drsX_pHKIo&context=C32f280aADOEgsToPDskKBzS7Z2dhvaZGU3mI4ik9A"]LOST AND FOUND IN MUSIC.mov - YouTube[/ame]

And from 5-40 in this Video
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hy-YCDuX-fw&context=C3582ac5ADOEgsToPDskLwP_WZYqRc2oCG_-dW-Dyd"]GET DOWN.mov - YouTube[/ame]

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
Have to say it looks really shit - I mean REALLY Shit!

Also hope they don't use the footage from the clubs as shown above, distorted to fuck!

I love house music, but this makes it look really dull :(

ComaProject

Oct 24, 2010
^^^ Have to agree. Thought it looked very amateurish at best.

Love house music and will still watch it, but hope he gets some professionals in to help with it.

Doing a documentary on music is actually very difficult, especially when there won’t be much early footage to go with it. It can still be done though. Take a look at the work of Ken Burns (google the Ken Burns Effect) who does historical documentaries with mainly still images.. .. its a master-class in track motion and he manages to effortlessly immerse you in the times, and you forget that all you are looking at are photographs.

That's what we want from a documentary. Not only the facts and thoughts of the people involved in house music.. but also a glimpse of the feelings of what it was like then. We want to be transported back and relive the journey for ourselves.

Anyway, I'll get off my soap box. I just hope he comes up with something better. Maybe Greg Wilson could do something similar on the history of the UK dance scene. I'd be very interested in watching that as well! :thumbsup: