Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
:cops::cops:

From Facebook - looks like the next fundraising event and screening will be held in BLACKBURN (BOOMTOWN) :thumbsup: RESULT!!!!

As yet no dates to be offered or location but ill keep my 'Ear to the Ground' (did you like what i did there lol ;) and will keep yas all up to date on here for those of you that might miss anything!!!!

Itll probs be a great idea to all hook up and have a massive party Blackburn styleee as it was back int day - gawd knows after watching the movie ill be wanting to let rip! phones:phones:phones::hubba:

Be really great if we could get some serious cash raised as well to suppprt this fantastic piece of history!!!!

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
After watching the film at Retro Trax, I found it unbelievable with some of the stunts that were pulled, like parking on the motorway. I think Leaky went to that one (or those few) too.

Hope this gets a proper release before interest dies in that old scene.

Can't he incorporate the night into and old warehouse style party with paying punters making a contribution, or even the entire door money going towards it? Might be a chance gone begging if he doesn't.

Jonno

Jul 15, 2001
After watching the film at Retro Trax, I found it unbelievable with some of the stunts that were pulled, like parking on the motorway. I think Leaky went to that one (or those few) too.

Hope this gets a proper release before interest dies in that old scene.
Interest will never die as long as the scene is still going.

This isn't like punk - a flash in the pan youth movement with only a tiny amount of people actually taking part in - this is acid house, massive and still recruiting weekend after weekend. If anything, it's stronger now than 20 odd years ago.

I personally think the real interest in the early scene hasn't really started yet; not in earnest like it has with punk or disco.

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
Maybe Jonno, although definitely not stronger now. Every club was packed to the rafters when I used to go in the peak and the music shops were rammed with punters all bustling over those must have tunes and all snapping up the latest mixtapes. The scene was as you say massive.

You might well be right though mate that there's still a strong scene now though, as Bowlers and Retro Trax events still pull big numbers in and maybe my perception is based on going to ever smaller old school nights that play only piano.

Certainly Retrotrax, Picks and the festivals i've been to over the years has taught me that there's still a massive market for the breakbeats/hardcore sounds and the heavier old school music which has lots of energy. That's the type of night that attracts me.

Last edited:

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
Im pretty sure when the film is brought to Blackburn it will be in the best possible sense of the word.... there wil no doubt be an after party to suit, this will be fundraising event, £5 quid for the after party and location to be given on the night lol just like how we used to ;) may well be worth a suggestion ;) :thumbsup:

Jonno

Jul 15, 2001
Maybe Jonno, although definitely not stronger now. Every club was packed to the rafters when I used to go in the peak and the music shops were rammed with punters all bustling over those must have tunes and all snapping up the latest mixtapes. The scene was as you say massive.

You might well be right though mate that there's still a strong scene now though, as Bowlers and Retro Trax events still pull big numbers in and maybe my perception is based on going to ever smaller old school nights that play only piano.

Certainly Retrotrax, Picks and the festivals i've been to over the years has taught me that there's still a massive market for the breakbeats/hardcore sounds and the heavier old school music which has lots of energy. That's the type of night that attracts me.
I mean the whole scene - not just old skool - from Creamfields to Tomorrowland to Ibiza even - they are never in the Balearic image, they are in the acid house image, and they are at least as popular now as they were in the early days. The Blackburn warehouse parties, amongst other early nights, are where they all began.

The music has morphed into a million flavours but the experience remains the same. Kids today do exactly what we did 20 odd years ago, and we were effectively the first to do it then. It's why those first sparks will always have huge interest.

Why this film stays unreleased therefore remains a mystery though :axe:

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
Im pretty sure when the film is brought to Blackburn it will be in the best possible sense of the word.... there wil no doubt be an after party to suit, this will be fundraising event, £5 quid for the after party and location to be given on the night lol just like how we used to ;) may well be worth a suggestion ;) :thumbsup:

What a brilliant idea! :thumbsup: :D :cool:

All the Revenge afterparty's I tried to go to in 91 never came off, so it would be brilliant and create a huge buzz:cool: