Hi

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

peteby

Jun 5, 2006
Bournemouth
Hello everyone,

My names Pete and I'm 32 years young, and I'm a project manager at an energy advice centre in Poole, Dorset. I'm originally from Abingdon near Oxford.

This is my first posting, been into hardcore since 1991, and can still remember pete tong playing blame - music takes you illegal version on radio 1. Started listening to hip hop in around 1984 and progressed into dance music when tunes like inner city - good life and Krush - house arrest came out around 1988. Started buying hardcore records around 91 after hearing great tunes like congress 40 miles, Isotonik - different strokes and nebula 2 - seance.

First big outdoor rave I went to was Fantazia new years eve 92/93 at littlecote house, really enjoyed it despite some not so good reviews because the music was awesome especially seduction, ellis dee and slipmatt. I went to may other do's, parties around Oxford, clubs like Park end, and the Coven, and further afield to Golddiggers in Chippenham and Brunel rooms in swindon, amongst others.

My favourite DJ was Slipmatt, and one of my favourite early mixtapes I had was the edge 3, recorded around april 92, last night of eclipse when it changed to the edge the following week.

Progressed into drum and bass and happy hardcore couldn't really decide but just played what was good. After 96 stopped buying new stuff and went back and got all the tunes I missed earlier on, well some of them anyway. Did a bit of DJ'ing around Oxford and Bournemouth but only small gigs, and had the privelage of playing a club in cape town and on the university radio station there - good fun.

I kept buying vinyl and set up an online store called Reminisce records, this didn't make any money, but did allow me to get loads more tunes, that was the real aim anyway to be honest.

I am now selling my vinyl but Mp3'ing as I go, so I still have the music, having said that it's still hard to do.

Anyway that's a bit about me, won't bore you anymore, drop me a line if you want a chat.

Take it easy

Pete

biggz

Jul 9, 2006
wirral
Hello everyone,

My names Pete and I'm 32 years young, and I'm a project manager at an energy advice centre in Poole, Dorset. I'm originally from Abingdon near Oxford.

This is my first posting, been into hardcore since 1991, and can still remember pete tong playing blame - music takes you illegal version on radio 1. Started listening to hip hop in around 1984 and progressed into dance music when tunes like inner city - good life and Krush - house arrest came out around 1988. Started buying hardcore records around 91 after hearing great tunes like congress 40 miles, Isotonik - different strokes and nebula 2 - seance.

First big outdoor rave I went to was Fantazia new years eve 92/93 at littlecote house, really enjoyed it despite some not so good reviews because the music was awesome especially seduction, ellis dee and slipmatt. I went to may other do's, parties around Oxford, clubs like Park end, and the Coven, and further afield to Golddiggers in Chippenham and Brunel rooms in swindon, amongst others.

My favourite DJ was Slipmatt, and one of my favourite early mixtapes I had was the edge 3, recorded around april 92, last night of eclipse when it changed to the edge the following week.

Progressed into drum and bass and happy hardcore couldn't really decide but just played what was good. After 96 stopped buying new stuff and went back and got all the tunes I missed earlier on, well some of them anyway. Did a bit of DJ'ing around Oxford and Bournemouth but only small gigs, and had the privelage of playing a club in cape town and on the university radio station there - good fun.

I kept buying vinyl and set up an online store called Reminisce records, this didn't make any money, but did allow me to get loads more tunes, that was the real aim anyway to be honest.

I am now selling my vinyl but Mp3'ing as I go, so I still have the music, having said that it's still hard to do.

Anyway that's a bit about me, won't bore you anymore, drop me a line if you want a chat.

Take it easy

Pete

fuckin ell what an intro.
Njoi:thumbsup: