Hi, I'm Dave Junglist

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

DaveJunglist

Jun 16, 2013
Hi, i'm Dave, from Coventry, and i started djing way back in 1990, while still at school, inspired by legends Sasha and Carl Cox after listening to sets, given to me from older friends!

I spent a lot of my time during the early 90's at the legendary club Eclipse, in Coventry, where i met lots of fantastic people including some of the finest dj's around at the time, doing a couple of sets in the downstairs room at the Eclipse, and over in Marco Polo, Birmingham. I also ventured across the midlands, clubbing wise, to places including Shelleys, Institute and Coast 2 Coast.

After 5 years, i fell out of love with the scene, seeing as it was changing and not to my liking, to be honest and in 1995 i gave up raving and djing. Kept my vinyl, though, just in case!!

Got back into it in 2006 after listening to online radio playing a lot of oldskool, and thought i'd give it another go. Not had the confidence to play out again, since but you never know.....

Favourite dj's.

Carl Cox, Sasha, Ellis Dee, Stu Allan, Ratty, Tango, Ray Keith, Mark Archer

Clubs.

Eclipse, Shelleys, Institute, Coast 2 Coast

Sam

Aug 11, 2008
My House
Welcome :thumbsup: get involved, we got a good radio on here and you never know could be just the outlet your looking for for your vinyl spinage...

djperkins

Sep 22, 2011
Not Manchester
Welcome Dave...I'm Dave and so is my brother...lol..no..but seriously, you are welcome...you won't find much jungle techno in these parts but that's not to say you shouldn't get yerself on the radio and educate mate.
I was a Shelleys head..but Friday night...from Wolves me..did the whole hardcore and acid house thing in and around Brum so we may well have brushed shoulders already chap. You will also deffo find a home with the old crew on Ravers Paradise, I spin over there on a wednesday from 7, I play a mix of old school breaks/jungle/trance/house but never venture out of the house when playing on here...mainly Italian stuff...anyhoo it's Monday Club this eve from 6pm..thats Sam (suface2air) Myself and we are just starting an alternating guest slot...jump into the shout box if your about.
Dave

ADT1974

Jun 3, 2013
Sutton Coldfield
Welcome Dave

I'm pretty new around here too - sounds like you were around the scene / places I went to - I started out at the Snapper Club (Hummingbird), Spectrum, Starlight in 1990 and then 1991 went to the big nights at Time, Perception and Eclipse (Friday nights for Energy, Amnesia House, New Age, Omen, Solstice).

May have shared the same dancefloor in the past mate

Enjoy :cool: