Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Shorty

Mar 11, 2004
ChOrLeY
Hello peeps,

Just a quick on I'm sure.....

I have an mp3 hour long mix and I want to burn it to CD, but with tracks on it. How do you put tracks into the mix and burn to CD?

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
Convert the mp3 file to a .wav file (or use the original .wav file)

Soundforge 6.0, if you've not got it, PM me for a link for it.

Open the .wav file in there.

Make your selections (highlighting start and end points of each track, one by one) and right click on top of the window selecting 'Insert Marker/Region' it auto increments in numbers each time so you can recognise the tracks.

Once they're all done, go to;

Special>Regions List>Markers To Regions, and agree when it asks you "All of the markers within the current selection will be converted to Regions, Are you sure..." click yes

Specify a folder where you want them saving, and it'll save each track for you, then use nero to burn them, taking out the 2 second gap between tracks.

You've burnt yourself a mix cd with seperate skipable tracks.

Well done, you may buy me a beverage ;)

Shorty

Mar 11, 2004
ChOrLeY
blue jammer said:
Convert the mp3 file to a .wav file (or use the original .wav file)

Soundforge 6.0, if you've not got it, PM me for a link for it.

Open the .wav file in there.

Make your selections (highlighting start and end points of each track, one by one) and right click on top of the window selecting 'Insert Marker/Region' it auto increments in numbers each time so you can recognise the tracks.

Once they're all done, go to;

Special>Regions List>Markers To Regions, and agree when it asks you "All of the markers within the current selection will be converted to Regions, Are you sure..." click yes

Specify a folder where you want them saving, and it'll save each track for you, then use nero to burn them, taking out the 2 second gap between tracks.

You've burnt yourself a mix cd with seperate skipable tracks.

Well done, you may buy me a beverage ;)

Nice one fella......drink in the post (package might be wet). Can you not do it with MP3's?
:thumbsup:

R J

Sep 29, 2001
Manchester UK
www.aatw.com
DJJAMIII said:
so you can do it in sound forge...well...one of us has to know summat

No you can't do it in soundforge , the original question was 'can you add track markers in soundforge' to which the answer is still no .

Your method works but all you are doing is creating multiple sound files by chopping in soundforge, track markers in sound forge in no way relate to cd track index markers.

If you use the correct method for authoring cd's you overlay the track information over one complete sound file to create a track index .

Last edited:

Shorty

Mar 11, 2004
ChOrLeY
R J said:
No you can't do it in soundforge , the original question was 'can you add track markers in soundforge' to which the answer is still no .

Your method works but all you are doing is creating multiple sound files by chopping in soundforge, track markers in sound forge in no way relate to cd track index markers.

If you use the correct method for authoring cd's you overlay the track information over one complete sound file to create a track index .

And I don't appreciate you clever twat , know it all , told you so attitude .... yet again !

LOL - It seems to do the trick n Soundforge. Creat separate tracks and just burn the in nero without the pauses - Gets the results I'm after anyway - cheers again :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

R J

Sep 29, 2001
Manchester UK
www.aatw.com
DJJAMIII said:
nice :thumbsup:
could have some mixes up by xmas!
cheers :thumbsup:

do you buy from this site? full o' good stuff like phones:

Yep we get all our studio gear from there , highly reccommended throughout the music industry .

Bought both on line and over the phone and had no probs , also had one faulty item from them and they collected and swapped out no problem .