Help Required

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

pete-nic

Mar 28, 2007
Burnley
Hello all :D Right what it is is im after pinching some knowledge of tunes from 1990-1994 that would fall into the deep house/soulful sounding/vocally shiz category , seeing as theres a new policy in the music on osa im having to change the kind of stuff i play and for this month this is whats floating my boat , however i have the crappest knowledge of tunes and id's so dont know what to look for , the stuff i do like is similar to danube dance-unique.....dina carrol - aint no man .....siedah garret - k.i.s.s.i.n.g , so please please point me in the right direction then i can find some quality grooves to play on the radio as at the moment all i have is yer run of the mill 'oldskool anthemz and piano' and to be honest im bored of hearing it and playing it ........muchos gracias :gigolo: :p .......big thanks to emz by the way :) i errrr pinched some stuff off you on soulseek and its all good and right up my street just not sure of the year of some of em so unsure wether they would fall into the osa catchment zone phones: :thumbsup:......................also to the star of the northen variety that is debs .....i know you know some belters so come on lets ave em ;)

pete-nic

Mar 28, 2007
Burnley
Thanks emma :D might try and catch you on there later , you could upload me some that fall into the right years as i aint got a clue heeeeee :$ ta you :D

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
Ill have a mooch through the old collection hun and rip you a few bits n bobs when i have the chance :thumbsup:

i have underground solution - luv dancin as Ed suggested so ill do you a decent rip of that as well :thumbsup:

siman91

Dec 28, 2002
Brisvegas
Luv Dancing 1991 remix is worth a listen, a little less of the Loose Joint vocal.
Strictly for 1990 ,91 and 92 are very very strong.

YouTube - Underground Solution - Luv Dancin (Extended Vocal Remix) US

YouTube - Solution - Feels So Right US

YouTube - UBQ Project - When I Fell N Love US

YouTube - Atelier - Got To Live Together Italian

YouTube - mk "you brought me love" US

I used to love this kind of music, being SE and London, 90-93 with 'Ardcore' wall to wall with the attitude of harder the better. A little hardcore was fun but soon got sick of it. Alot of my mates used to be in the hardcore arena's me and a couple of good old friends (lost contact now) would be in the chill out rooms or 2nd rooms lapping up the classy music and women!!

There are loads and loads of realy strong and totally amazing deep house tracks from this time. I loose hours and hours in the mix with these. Keep promising that I will have a go in recording a mix or 2 and sharing.

S

U31

Dec 18, 2007
Kiss me brown eye
YouTube - UBQ Project - When I Fell N Love

Another total beast of a tune i aint heard since wayyyyy back in the day, that i'd totally forgotten about!

Cheers!:thumbsup:

siman91

Dec 28, 2002
Brisvegas
YouTube - UBQ Project - When I Fell N Love

Another total beast of a tune i aint heard since wayyyyy back in the day, that i'd totally forgotten about!

Cheers!:thumbsup:

That is the danger of these posts just before Christmas, find out a top track, raid discogs and oops...

Got quite a few deep deep house tracks and as mentioned combined with some deep Italian I can loose hours on a Saturday morning in the mix.

S