Help (Record Centre Holes )

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now
May 18, 2006
Bradford
www.waxdj.com
Hi quite a few of my records centre holes have warn away and got bigger . What does everybody else do to solve the problem . How can you solve the problem when you cue back the vinyl moves because the hole has worn to big for the spindle so then it jumps when you cue it up . Cheers

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
I use a bit of sticky white tape, but i've heard other use the white sticky rings for strengthening the punched paper holes in clip folders:thumbsup: :)

Jonno

Jul 15, 2001
Hi quite a few of my records centre holes have warn away and got bigger . What does everybody else do to solve the problem . How can you solve the problem when you cue back the vinyl moves because the hole has worn to big so then it jumps when you cue it up .
There is a very good bit on Qberts dvd tutorial about this (just had a look on youtube and unfortunately it doesn't appear to be there).

Basically you need a small strip (say 5mm x 30mm) of a low friction paper (Qbert uses the waxy backing paper you get with tape stickers). You then place that through the hole (lengthways), and then tightly tape it down on either side of the label.

Hey presto - a smaller hole :D

rainbow sky

Nov 25, 2005
Skies Over Leeds
i've heard other use the white sticky rings for strengthening the punched paper holes in clip folders:thumbsup: :)
i had the same problem as you chris so used the sticky rings which jig describes and they do work, i use 13mm and you may need two depending on how big your holes are ;)

wilko's and staples sell'em there easy to get and about 100+ in a pack for around 50p.

ilovepiano

Jul 9, 2002
what about if its too tight?? no jokes shooms:naughty:

i bought some dutch acid stuff last week, but its realy tight to get on n off the deck.........feared of snappin the vinyl its that bad.:(

Small blade on a swiss army knife. Stick it in the hole and just scratch it around and scrape away a bit of the plastic. Result. :thumbsup:

Francis

Mar 13, 2002
Huddersfield
what about if its too tight?? no jokes shooms:naughty:

i bought some dutch acid stuff last week, but its realy tight to get on n off the deck.........feared of snappin the vinyl its that bad.:(

Wiggle it backwards and forwards as you put it on the turntable and take it off, don't pull or push too hard either.

DAMO 72

Aug 11, 2004
giggletown
dont mess wityh knives they are dangerous.lol instead get yaself a biro,insert it in to the hole in the rekkid n twizzle it round a few times n retest it.repeat till it fits nice.
DAMO;)