Help needed RE: Bars/clubs that play half decent tunage in liverpool

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

italooldskool

Jun 9, 2004
Hi all

Some inside scouse knowledge needed from anyone who can help me lol, im off to liverpool on saturday on a works night out, i really dont want to end up in bars/clubs that play crap like dolly parton, steps and s club (thats what happened on the last staff doo:cry: :cry: :cry: :S ). Ive only really been out in liverpool on the BTTOP Nights, so im desperatley in need of some advice, if anyone could be so kind;) :thumbsup:

Obviously my main love is oldskool, but i wouldnt mind some electro, R&b or even some chill out stuff, just want to avoid the dodgy stuff as much as possible. So what Bars/club do i need to go to, and are there any area's of town to avoid.

Thanks in advance for any advice given

Italo:thumbsup:

Mesh

Feb 19, 2005
Liverpool Laaaaa
There are a few good nights on this weekend playing a mixture of house, electro, prog etc:D
Chibuku:love: is on at the Masque, Freeze in Lemon Lounge and Coco De Mer @ Magnet...all very cool clubs..for more details check here..
http://www.outlar.com/

Most bars up Hardman Street like Magnet, Bumper, Kebab House etc are cool playing soul/funk/house/electro(depending on the night) and are quite studenty or Duke Street way there is Heebie Jeebies(indie), Korova(indie) or La Go(soul/funk).
Stay away from Concert Square, Slater Street and Wood Street full of chavs:naughty:
If you want a proper laugh, boss music and are comfortable with your sexuality..head for the Gay quarter and try Pink, Garlands and GBar..you will not be dissappointed:D

italooldskool

Jun 9, 2004
There are a few good nights on this weekend playing a mixture of house, electro, prog etc:D
Chibuku:love: is on at the Masque, Freeze in Lemon Lounge and Coco De Mer @ Magnet...all very cool clubs..for more details check here..
Outlar.com - Clubbing and Dance Music Guide for Liverpool

Most bars up Hardman Street like Magnet, Bumper, Kebab House etc are cool playing soul/funk/house/electro(depending on the night) and are quite studenty or Duke Street way there is Heebie Jeebies(indie), Korova(indie) or La Go(soul/funk).
Stay away from Concert Square, Slater Street and Wood Street full of chavs:naughty:
If you want a proper laugh, boss music and are comfortable with your sexuality..head for the Gay quarter and try Pink, Garlands and GBar..you will not be dissappointed:D

Thanks Mesh, i'll check em out:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: , Im hopin to stay well away from concert square:| :| I'll hopefully find sommat half decent, wished it was another back to the oldpool night lol:D