Hello Everyone!

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

walgman

Mar 30, 2007
Im a born house music head.

Starting out on a long clubbing career in 86 when my mate passed his driving test and freed us up to start clubbing proper. Starting with long drives up the M6 to hacienda Space, Nude and void nights. then onto konspiracy manchester and then the warehouses of blackburn and monroes and shellys. didnt always travel north cause im from wolverhampton we used to dabble in southern trips to london clubs like heaven, sin, limelight and other acidic haunts and ocasionally nottingham to the kool cat or clubs with forgotton names. both trips included many forgotton warehouses.

then the quadrant park revived a slower patch for me. even with all my experience walking into that place at 11.00pm one night simply blew me away. that place rocked like no other!

cant really remember how but i started going to DiY parties in quarries and forests every weekend for a few years most of which are a hazy but happy memory.

renaissance fits in somewhere. ive forgotton.

my musical tastes started changing and now im mainly listening to US house of the deeper variety. i still go clubbing a few times a year. sometimes the southport weekender, sometimes trips abroad.

then by chance is 98-99 i took over promoting RAW a successful little club night in wolves. i had come of age.

i live in london now so if a favourite DJ like louis vega or dave morales is in town i make an effort. now im the wierd old grey bearded man bobbing his head at the back of the room!

my mrs is 20 and loves clubbing and i try to steer her to the good ones. i have not really told her about the olden days. what happened then was indescribably brilliant and i think she would thing i was bragging in some way.

i feel so lucky that i was the right age at the right time and was a tiny part in pioneering a new culture. i probably shouldnt but i do feel slightly sorry for some of todays kids, maybe its my age but they have not got what we had or anything near.

why am i here? primarily greed :mexican: i want to enhance my music collection with some old sashas' etc.

if i meet some new friends that would be nice too.

massive respect to all you heads who i probably gurned at all those years back. :mad: :mad: :mad:

betty spaghetti

Nov 21, 2006
Im a born house music head.

my mrs is 20 and loves clubbing and i try to steer her to the good ones. i have not really told her about the olden days. what happened then was indescribably brilliant and i think she would thing i was bragging in some way.

i feel so lucky that i was the right age at the right time and was a tiny part in pioneering a new culture. i probably shouldnt but i do feel slightly sorry for some of todays kids, maybe its my age but they have not got what we had or anything near.

massive respect to all you heads who i probably gurned at all those years back. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Brag away mate, i would love to hear your stories :thumbsup: and so you should feel sorry for us, you had it ROCKING back then...i SO wish i could of experienced it all first hand...fair play to ya mate, keep rocking phones:

i hope you have loads of fun and make sum mint mates here on osa :thumbsup: