Hayzdayz

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

tall paul

Sep 19, 2001
Liverpool
Thought It would be nice try a nite a bit closer to home for a change, and wasn't dissapointed.

The Zanzibar is only a very small club, not anywhere near the scale of Timeless or GT, but that's no bad thing 'cos its the people that make the night special, and it was a very special crowd.

From the moment the first tune got dropped people were going for it, big smiles all round singing along to the tunes.

Very good sets from Altern8 & Mart, wasn't quite so keen on whoever was on last, it seemed a bit flat compared to the previous sets.

Nice to meet Mart & his mrs (forgotten her name sorry - but get her signed up to the board!)
Completley missed Grover, went upstairs at one point to say hello, but you weren't on the decks it was a girl (unless you've recently had the op!)

Nice one to S-J whose 'got her swing back!', Dannster, Noz and the other two mates (forgotten their names too) who came down to join us - good to see ya's rockin away.

A big shout to the lad the who took down one of the 14" smilies off the wall and had it attached to the front of his shirt whilst dancing away on a chair all nite - seen him later on outside the club, he had it inside his shirt then, but just with the top bit of flourescent yellow poking out the top of his collar.

Its a long time since I've been in a club where as tunes were dropped people were literally screaming 'come on!' at the very tops of their voices.

So big cheers to Grover & Mart, Quality :thumbsup:

Danny

Jul 22, 2002
London, UK
www.ketoloco.com
we've all been meaning to try this out ..... the spiel looks great with 'quad park classics' and 'proper acid house' ...... love the stuff:phones: :phones: :phones:

am sure we wudnt be let down by groover and mart as they seem like they deffo know their stuff ....... and anyone who can get vertigo playin events for em must have sumet going for em ....... see yer soon lads :)

S-J

Staff member
VIP Gold Member
"ToP BannanA"

:party: Well.... What can I say!!!!!

Absolultey F*Ckin Amazing.... :drum: I was absolultey Rocked to the Bone!!!

Tall Paul... Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You
For Inviting us all over!! :love:

Dannster.... You are an absolute Marvel!!! ChipA-ChiP-Barm's all the GodD DaMm way hey mate??...... :phones: Bob on!! :roll:

Noz.... Mmmmmmmm LoL Nuff Said Hey!! :p

Weaver and Pee... Tee Heeee You know the score!!! And TP tell your Budz That they are Mega!!

Get my Swing back..... LoL... TP - My ass is Still-A-Swingin!!! ;)

The atmosphere was even more friendlier than when I first went out over 10Yrs ago... How good is that?? :love: This Clubb had a rarerity that I thought had long gone been removed from the club circuit of today!! :roll:

Step back in Time????? HA!!! F*ck me... It was like we had got in a tardis and out the other side on a different planet or summat!! :drum: The sheer Pleasure and happyness that we all received from this Venue and I mean ALL of us was Second to none... :axe: :D

For you guys that know me.... You know it's a rarity that I come out of the club looking a disgrace... Well.... B*gga Me.... Hair looked like a birds nest... Even my eye liner had ran!"!! :D Now to me this is a sign of a Completly "MEGA" Night!!! :D

This night is an "Absolute Must" for the Non K*ob headz that just wanna have fun and go Play out to they come home Feeling "Disherevelled" LoL well... this is the place!!! :D :axe:

Thanx again... S-J xx

Mister_DJ

May 1, 2003
Location Location
Thanks guys. Totally made up when I read this. This for us is exactly why we set up 'hazydayz'. You people are what make it, we can only try and select some fine tunage for you to shake your boots too....

Great to meet you all at last, sorry I couldn't chat for too long, but next month I'm not playing downstairs so gives me a chance to get 'my swing back' too and join you for a boogie! LMFAO @ S-J.... glad you enjoyed it....;)

See you all there on the 27th!

Mart
:rolleyes:

S-J

Staff member
VIP Gold Member
"Dead Good"

Miss C said:
PMSL @ S-J u nutter, sounds like u had a rite nite, me n ed will av2 avan inspection of this place sumtime

Chez.... You & Eddy without a doubt will have to come to this with us!! It's Tuesday now and I'm still Grinnin!!! :D

Mart.... LoL My soul was restored!!! :mad: Thanx I'll be coming back to "Shake My Ass" as soon as I possibly can!!!! :D and what's more I cannot wait!!!

S-J xx :hubba:

dannster

VIP Silver Member
Nov 11, 2001
Haydock
www.dannster.com
Had a buzzin night! it was super doooper! The atmosphere had a mad uniqueness to it - it was dead friendly and intimate and everyone was just lovin it and buzzin off everyone else. Tunes were special and i was nailed to the dancefloor most of the night hairs stood on end chuckin shapes all over the show - get your arses down u wont be dissappointed I certainly wasnt! Big respect to the Geezers for puttin it on and Taul Paul Sj Noz Weaver Pee and TP's mates for makin it a special night! - Quality! :thumbsup: See the reaction Space Face got! lol VA now I know why you snatched my hand off when i swapped u mine! lol Top night and different than the rest had its own Vibe - Top One Nice One Get Sorted! :)

grover

Jun 5, 2003
cheers

thanks for the replies....glad you all enjoyed it....the "flat" dj at the end was me:$ .....but as it was supposed to be a rave revival night.....i packed my box with belgium and breakbeat tunes...so i guess it wasn't everyones cup of tea.All change next month anyway......top quadrant park classics ...hope to see you all there:eyebrow:

tall paul

Sep 19, 2001
Liverpool
Sorry m8! Absoulutely right that it was a 'rave revival' night, so I was expecting a lot of those sort of tunes, just my personal taste that I'm not as keen on them as some of the others - wont argue with Sweet Sensation putting in an appearance at the end tho :thumbsup:

Would have come over and said hello if I'd have realised it was you!

Like I said in the original post thought it was an absolutely superb night, and with the 'Quadrant theme' for the next one, cannot wait. See ya there :D

S-J

Staff member
VIP Gold Member
"Stillll SmiiiiiiiLin"

Well it's been nearly A week since we came and I'm Still-A-Swingin and still Smilin about what a FantastiK night it was!!!! :D :D :D

I really really can't wait to go again.... Dannster, I really think we need to make this a regular trek across the motorway!!!! HoooraaaaaaY haha

Thanx Again all for such a top night!!!!! Bangin!!! :phones:

S-J xx :hubba:

dannster

VIP Silver Member
Nov 11, 2001
Haydock
www.dannster.com
O aye it was top one - different with its own special vibe - I reckon next time im goin could well be one of the forst ones next year coz think the next event is round xmas - boxin day aswell - what a head wrecker - got Hazydayz, Goodtimes and Timeless all goin off at the same time Boxin day shud be renamed Ravin Day! its all Ive done for the past god knows years!:D

grover

Jun 5, 2003
chrimbo

the next 1 is on 27th december.....the day after timeless;) .....will be a mad week for me......i'll be at timeless on boxing night:eyebrow: ......then playing with mart upstairs at hazydayz the next day..........oops:$ ....i better re phrase that.....i meant err djing alongside mart:D

S-J

Staff member
VIP Gold Member
Mint!!!!

ste huxley said:
Wanted to goto one of these for a while now since the Vertigo guest slot, (how was that btw guys???, hes my fave DJ from back then)

Will deffo get down to one of these soon.:hole:

Hya Mate....

Ste, absolutley Bob On!!!

You really will have to come and play out at this one with us matey!!! Proper "Top bannnana" LoL :D and Not a Carrot in site!!! haha

S-J x

grover

Jun 5, 2003
vertigo

ste huxley said:
Wanted to goto one of these for a while now since the Vertigo guest slot, (how was that btw guys???, hes my fave DJ from back then)

Will deffo get down to one of these soon.:hole:
vertigo was absolutely brilliant.....done us proud.....mart went on after him......he let vertigo's last tune play on for a bit.....then stopped the music for about 2 mins before playing his first 1..........because the whole club erupted....clapping, cheering, whistling and bowing to the big fella....was a very special moment.......he's deffo coming back to play in the new year....can't wait;)

Re: vertigo

grover said:
vertigo was absolutely brilliant.....done us proud.....mart went on after him......he let vertigo's last tune play on for a bit.....then stopped the music for about 2 mins before playing his first 1..........because the whole club erupted....clapping, cheering, whistling and bowing to the big fella....was a very special moment.......he's deffo coming back to play in the new year....can't wait;)

Sounds cool :cool: the guy is amazing, I love him :love: :eek: :$ :p ;)

I will deffo be there for his next venture :thumbsup: but Im very tempted with the quad reunion night too.....ooooh bloody hell too many nights to choose from :crazy: