Has the arse fallen outta the vinyl market ?

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

PepeLePew

Oct 27, 2005
Hyde
www.myspace.com
Sometimes I just want to stab myself in the head when I see posts like this.
I sold my miniscule collection of ~ 200 records for about £200 to Vinyl Sexchange in 97. Not that I didn't need the money more then, but I do wish it wouldn't cost over a grand to replace them in these "depressed" times.
Which I probably would be doing if I wasn't such a cheapskate mp3 horder...

AB45

Dec 31, 2003
Essex
Thanks for this thread people as it has just legitimised my ongoing arguement with the missus about getting rid of some of my tunes. The fact that she knew that many were worth a fair whack has always made her look at them as potential new clothes, holidays, furniture etc etc and treated them with contempt/jealousy as if it was an ex girlfriend sharing the bedroom space with us. Now she thinks they arent worth as much hopefully she will embrace them into the family home and treat them with respect at last :D

li'l Sonz

Apr 27, 2005
Manchester
www.myspace.com
Thanks for this thread people as it has just legitimised my ongoing arguement with the missus about getting rid of some of my tunes. The fact that she knew that many were worth a fair whack has always made her look at them as potential new clothes, holidays, furniture etc etc and treated them with contempt/jealousy as if it was an ex girlfriend sharing the bedroom space with us. Now she thinks they arent worth as much hopefully she will embrace them into the family home and treat them with respect at last :D
hahahahaha, mint post that!

I think it might stop people like you shooms hoggin all the tunes.... lol ;) You might think on before buyin ANOTHER copy of whatever.... Give a girl a chance! lol :D

x

dodgymix

I seem to be picking up some right beasts for next to nowt these days....

Which is a double edged sword as I'm having to drop my prices on my spare beasts on Ogs....

Anyone else seeing this ?

got to agree with my recent purchase lol

HTFR.com £100 Ebay £5 1989 HOUSE 12" Various Artists - Black Havana *LISTEN* on eBay, Records, Music (item 140146172707 end time 15-Aug-07 19:50:57 BST)

was well made up

THe problem now is the internet / ebay / discogs vinyl4sale.co.uk etc

8/9 years ago you couldn't get tunes id'd easily, there was tracklistings for Sasha mixes (blame Brady lol)
Now you can look through Butties tunes archive and if you don't own it you go on ebay and pay £2 for a copy lol

Inchigh

Mar 23, 2007
Republic of Mancunia
I seem to be picking up some right beasts for next to nowt these days....

Which is a double edged sword as I'm having to drop my prices on my spare beasts on Ogs....

Anyone else seeing this ?

You have to ask yourself, what is at the top of the album charts right now?

Answer elvis, 30 years on and he still sells formats of music.

30 years from now when musics turned, or gone full circle, do you think some of them tunes you have are worth nowt, on vinyl:p

especially in the electronic formula.........most of us have the first ones:thumbsup:

keeping all of mine, and like has been said, if the arse drops out of it, i will be there with my net out, scooping all the gems:thumbsup: