Tango & Fallout - Intrigue
Koenig Cylinders - 99.9
Spiral Tribe - Going All The Way

Keep This Frequency Clear.mp3

Last edited:

willijenny

Apr 9, 2012
happy.gif

just wanted some opinions on the best Acid & Techno compilation cd's about. I used to love the hard techno & acid circa 1992-1994 as a kid but never knew who was making what on what labels. The sound i like would be the sort you'd hear on what i now know as the label 100% Acidiferous etc etc, that general sort of thing. big fat 303's and analogue squelches. I'm fed up of guessing and ending up with shit gabber!!! I like early Industrial strength (some of it) like Disintegrator: 'Lock on Target' too, as long as it has no crap swearing/sex samples like all that Mokum bollocks.
I don't really want to get on the vinyl trip as i have my vinyl collection where i want it to be in terms of genres i like. So i'd be looking for Cd's or even quality mixes. I know if i buy 1 record that's it...in for a penny in for pound!

Adam72

Jan 5, 2006
Dave Angel was the man for that kind of sound then,his essential mix from 94 was a blinder,well worth checking out,I'm sure it will be floating about somewhere.
Also Cj Bolland,Sven Vath...too many to mention.
Orbit was THE techno club back then,so any orbit stuff should be about on the money...for the more minimal Detroit stuff,Jeff Mills,Rob Hood,Underground Resistance,Dave Clarke was awesome too,later on the Swedish stuff became popular,the likes of Adam Beyer,Cari Lekebusch Joel Mull...well worth checking.