Haçienda - Acid House Classics - New Comp

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Geeky

Apr 10, 2002
Not too bad, although I have doubts Josh Wink ever got played in the Hac. Defo not on a Saturday at least. :p

Noel

May 12, 2003
Wolverhampton
It's been released to go with Hooky's new book about the Hacienda (my copy is on the way), which is set in a year by year basis and meant to be pretty good...

The Hacienda: How Not to Run a Club: Amazon.co.uk: Peter Hook: Books

http://www.fac51thehacienda.com/

‘Haçienda Acid House Classics’, compiled & mixed by Peter Hook, is a personal compilation of Hooky’s favourite Haçienda Acid tunes, culled from the much-venerated, late Eighties Acid House daze. The Hacienda's legendary image has been ingrained on the clubbing faithful with the likes of Mike Pickering, Graeme Park, and Jon Dasilva all making their names DJing at the club. Marking some 21 years of the genre and the club’s seminal involvement for all that time, Haçienda Acid House Classics portrays the definitive sound of Acid House and The Haçienda.

Spread over two CDs, highlights a new unreleased remix of the anthem 'Voodoo Ray' by A Guy Called Gerald, 'Baby Wants To Ride' by Frankie Knuckles featuring Jamie Principle, 'True Dub' by New Order, and 'Lack Of Love' by Charles B & Adonis. The album also includes two unreleased tracks of Hooky’s and his production partner Phil Murphy, 'Ways Of Making Music' and 'We’re On It' (both under the name of Man Ray).

Gav

Feb 6, 2004
London
yeah got the book from Amazon this week, just started reading it so too early to say if its any good, but so far its been a funny read...:)

kofiluca

Sep 7, 2008
Nah - Last Rhythm got plenty of plays by Parky!
Also Pickering & Sasha played Bassheads.

If u buy the book from HMV you get a free DVD with Miranda Swayer interviewing Hooky, Jon Da Silva & Mike Pickering amongst others!
Great book so fay and Im only in 1984 chapter!

Noel

May 12, 2003
Wolverhampton
There are a few set lists used in the book.. most, if not all, of them were compiled by me & Brady (with the help of peeps on here & tuneid :thumbsup: ). You can tell by the mistakes and capitalization etc... and any unknowns have just been missed out. Looks like they got some of them from the mixesdb site...

Geeky

Apr 10, 2002
I know Parky played the Battle Remix on one set (june 91 i think?)

Also remember him reviewing the re-release of Last Rhythm in Muzik mag (1996) saying it was crap and reminds him of cheesy ravers.

Last edited:

PepeLePew

Oct 27, 2005
Hyde
www.myspace.com
There are a few set lists used in the book.. most, if not all, of them were compiled by me & Brady (with the help of peeps on here & tuneid :thumbsup: ). You can tell by the mistakes and capitalization etc... and any unknowns have just been missed out. Looks like they got some of them from the mixesdb site...

Put a claim in for copyright/plagarism/damages/spondulas. :thumbsup:

Geeky

Apr 10, 2002
Josh Wink - Higher State Of Consciousness (Tweakin Acid Funk Mix)

this was 1995 around the time the Hac finally closed for good?

somewhat better thsan the other ten a oenny "oldskool" mix cd's
Not a Hacienda track in my view. Not on a Saturday at least.

glenn

Feb 3, 2003
blackpool
Also Pickering & Sasha played Bassheads.

If u buy the book from HMV you get a free DVD with Miranda Swayer interviewing Hooky, Jon Da Silva & Mike Pickering amongst others!
Great book so fay and Im only in 1984 chapter!

yeah but u wouldnt call them hac trax would yer[well i wouldnt anyway]just because they got played a few times:S

blandy

Nov 9, 2005
Surely it's about time they brought out a Hacienda CD that just focused on the songs from the late 80's like the Century FM Mix?? :thumbsup:

adamw

Feb 13, 2007
Disco Outcast
The Man Ray stuff is the alias that Peter Hook & Phil Murphy use for studio productions.

Just finished the Hacienda book. Gets a bit sketchy in 94-95 (I blame Mrs Merton) but there's some real shockers in there. What went on in 1993 is beyond belief in places...

I've just also just started Mick Middles book about Factory and then it's on to Paul Morley's book about Joy Division. That should take me nicely to Christmas... :D

adamw

Feb 13, 2007
Disco Outcast
Not a Hacienda track in my view. Not on a Saturday at least.

Hmmm. Debatable. There was a lot of crap music floating around in 1995 and the Saturdays in the main room could be a bit up and down I thought. Bobby Langley was doing a lot of the Saturdays then. I was back in fairly regular attendance at this point but spent most of my time down in the "Fifth Man". Graeme Park, when playing, still played some great sets around this period though, restoring my faith that there was still great dance music around....

For the record, the Hacienda actually shut on the night of Saturday 28th June 1997.

I was there.