guess the legend..

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

wildpitch

Aug 12, 2002
just reading this book and there's a few pics of this dude, he looks nothing like I thought he'd look like though - he's looking a cross between magnum and the grecian 2000 chaps imo.

This could be a good random guess the person thread so I'll start...

Attachments

• 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    16.6 KB · Views: 178
  • 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    12.6 KB · Views: 175

Noel

May 12, 2003
Wolverhampton
Is that a deffo or a guess Bucky?

The pic on the right is familiar...

I'm thinking salsoul.. poss Tom Moulton or Vincent Montana Jnr???

wildpitch

Aug 12, 2002
bucky said:
Which book you reading Wildpitch? Love Saves the Day?

that's the one mate, yes, pretty fascinating read. until reading this i'd never appreciated the size of mancuso's loft lol.

bucky

Defo - I don't think I put it down the moment I picked it up :D to start out as a thesis and turn into that is something else.

Have you read the part about all the contributions that never made it in the book? I'm guessing their will be another following on which should be ace too.

wildpitch

Aug 12, 2002
i'm fairly sure in the intro the author said he'd planned it to be the total history, but due to the volume of stuff he got as he went along it would be too big so just broke into chunks and therefore vol2 may see the light of day at some point. would make a great video biog.

lastnightadj

Jun 16, 2002
Bournemouth/Amsterdam
Tom Moulton is so handsome he makes me feel a likkle bit gay :p

In fact I'm gonna grow a moustache just lke that - if it's good enough for Weatherall :D

Tim Lawrence is currently working on a book about Arthur Russell and will then follow up LSD with the edition about the 80's

wildpitch

Aug 12, 2002
lastnightadj said:
Tom Moulton is so handsome he makes me feel a likkle bit gay :p

lol. video'ed something on the beeb friday night that featured quite a bit of Moulton and Lawrence, disco diva something or other.