Grooverider @ Unification (House Set) 20/05/1994

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

chinatownswhite

Feb 2, 2008
Middlander
Ive had this tape for a long time, it came with a load of tapes my mate gave me, I did rip it but dont recall posting it, then lost the file so re ripped it yesterday.
Out of all the tapes he gave me probs around 500+ he a made a point of handing me this tape, saying your gonna love this set.

He then pointed out that the tape had snapped in quite a few places, so he did a few repairs on it, then goes on to tell me how he used brown parcel tape to fix it, so the tape will stop and you need to wind it on by hand :oops: hence there are a few dodgy bits sound wise in the rip, but saying that its not come out to bad..

I can not 100% say this is Grooverider, I can only go by whats been hand written on the tape, either way its a good set with some cracking tracks, if any knows or has more info about this set then please let me know (y)

Enjoy
Grooverider

DSC_0904.png

Last edited:

Alf

Feb 22, 2006
This was the one I had..... different, listening to it hardly Hard House, uploaded it in case anyone wants it. Cheers..

Attachments

• Hardhouse - Grooverider.jpg
    Hardhouse - Grooverider.jpg
    477 KB · Views: 59
Reactions: Mac The Ripper 🍴

chinatownswhite

Feb 2, 2008
Middlander
This was the one I had..... different, listening to it hardly Hard House, uploaded it in case anyone wants it. Cheers..

Cheers Alf thanks for checking (y)

brady

VIP Silver Member
Oct 26, 2001
Scottish Borders
www.tracklistings.co.uk

Only side A though!
the tracklist was done on tuneid a while back

TechnoTime

Sep 9, 2022
Thanks for posting this, that sort of confirms that the set I upped is by Grooverider, I have to say I think the few house sets I have heard are way better than his harcore sets.
Fabio also did a 'The Edge: Unification' Hard House set - I have quite a few 'Unification' sets. I have all of these, I think. I just don't think I ever got around to ripping all of them. but maybe I'm wrong, I'll have a look for the files. I think it was Stuart's last attempt at putting on a club night, but this time in Wolverhampton, before just ripping off other people's nights as his own tapes, and then getting into trouble for it!

1662828651444.png

Last edited:
Reactions: chinatownswhite

chinatownswhite

Feb 2, 2008
Middlander
Fabio also did a 'The Edge: Unification' Hard House set - I have quite a few 'Unification' sets. I have all of these, I think. I just don't think I ever got around to ripping all of them. but maybe I'm wrong, I'll have a look for the files. I think it was Stuart's last attempt at putting on a club night, but this time in Wolverhampton, before just ripping off other people's nights as his own tapes, and then getting into trouble for it!

View attachment 40246
Many thanks for the info and even better to have the date (y)
My mate who gave me the tape is going to be well chuffed that the set is actually Grooverider, has he was in doubt if it was him or not.
Now changed the title on my orig post and YT vid 😉

Id love to hear The fabio set if you have it

Last edited:

TechnoTime

Sep 9, 2022
I also like his house set from Tonic, there is also a fabio set from there.
Thanks, just found the Tonic ones, really good - I love finding these obscure mixes where you get to hear music hardly anyone else was playing. I definitely have the Fabio Unification somewhere. It's a great mix of hard house. If I remember rightly, the best ones are Fabio, Dave Angel, Craig Walsh and Trevor Rockliffe, but the others are good too, and hardly any MC, in the usual Stuart Reid style, which is great. I have memory sticks hidden away in boxes full of files, so I will make it my mission to find them and upload them.

Reactions: chinatownswhite

chinatownswhite

Feb 2, 2008
Middlander
Thanks, just found the Tonic ones, really good - I love finding these obscure mixes where you get to hear music hardly anyone else was playing. I definitely have the Fabio Unification somewhere. It's a great mix of hard house. If I remember rightly, the best ones are Fabio, Dave Angel, Craig Walsh and Trevor Rockliffe, but the others are good too, and hardly any MC, in the usual Stuart Reid style, which is great. I have memory sticks hidden away in boxes full of files, so I will make it my mission to find them and upload them.
Yep I agree some of those early house sets have some great tracks that nobody else was really playing....
There are some great sets from Tonic