Great Yarmouth Flood

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Candyman

Jan 15, 2007
GT Yarmouth
www.corruptskys.co.uk
Well not much of a flood in the end, but i went down to av'a look as i'm 5min's away :p

Tidesurge2007Gorleston2.jpg

Mostly that's all beach even at high tide. The pier the water is crashing over is about 15ft high and i can honestly say i have never seen the water as high as that b4.

Ironicly the only place to really flood in Gorleston was the lifeboad station lol.

Lifeboatstationflood2.jpg

Lifeboatstationflood.jpg

Jonno

Jul 15, 2001
Wildpitch (Froz) is from Great Yarmouth an all - where is he these days?

You don't know him do you Candyman?

My mate is from there an all (lol not that Wildpitch isn't a mate - I mean a non board mate) you don't know him either do you - his name is Stu Berwick?

This is starting to sound like an e fueled conversation circa 91 now, so I may as well ask as well - what you had mate? :condom:

Last edited:

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
Glad it wasn't as bad as forecast Steve, as there can't be many things worse than getting your house flooded:thumbsup: :)

Looks like it's attracted a few surfers though.

Candyman

Jan 15, 2007
GT Yarmouth
www.corruptskys.co.uk
Wildpitch (Froz) is from Great Yarmouth an all - where is he these days?

You don't know him do you Candyman?

My mate is from there an all (lol not that Wildpitch isn't a mate - I mean a non board mate) you don't know him either do you - his name is Stu Berwick?

This is starting to sound like an e fueled conversation circa 91 now, so I may as well ask as well - what you had mate? :condom:

No i can't say i know them mate tbh? but then i'm pants with names :p

Jonno

Jul 15, 2001
No i can't say i know them mate tbh? but then i'm pants with names :p
Wildpitch used to be a regular on here, but he's another one who's disappeared (perhaps the flood carried him away).

It's wierd because Great Yarmouth seems to a have a fairly big rave contingent compared with size of town (bigger than Norwich say) - I don't know if it's the Caister connection or owt :condom:

Candyman

Jan 15, 2007
GT Yarmouth
www.corruptskys.co.uk
Wildpitch used to be a regular on here, but he's another one who's disappeared (perhaps the flood carried him away).

It's wierd because Great Yarmouth seems to a have a fairly big rave contingent compared with size of town (bigger than Norwich say) - I don't know if it's the Caister connection or owt :condom:

lol Caister? that's just a scap of land no1 ever stops at unless they are lost lol

There are many raverz in Yarmouth but sadly the clubs are now mostly run by portugeeeza's and such so you hear nothing but bad trance tunes no1 has ever heard b4 or that crap they call R&B....

Most of the clubs are deserted now due to this and the fact you can't smoke inside anymore. As the music is as entertaining as a kick in the bollox and ya can't chill with a cig ya get nothing but punch-ups and ppl who can't speak a word of english smashing ppl's propety up.

The true oldskool raverz hold venues in private houses these days and go coz of the passion of the music, nothing like the retard generation we are faced with today that seem set on impressing there mates with cowardly acts of mindless violence or criminal damage. This is what Yarmouth has become thanks to the Gov' and there lack of knowlage in the 'real' world. My guess is ya mate (like so many others) has fucked off to a place that still holds the values we all set back in the day (if there is still any places left?) when we all jumped about as 1 to the sounds nomatter who you where, where you came from or what colour ya skin was. It was all about the music only back then but the Gov' thought that 'Rave' music was a bad thing.... How ironic in this day'n age when all them at the top are tryin' to promote multi culture world peace and thay put a stop to one of the only things ever created that brought everyone together as one.....

Harri74

May 29, 2007
Midlands
www.myspace.com
lol Caister? that's just a scap of land no1 ever stops at unless they are lost lol

How ironic in this day'n age when all them at the top are tryin' to promote multi culture world peace and thay put a stop to one of the only things ever created that brought everyone together as one.....

I like yer thinking Candy. For me Labour really killed it right off with the cool britannia thing. Before you knew it all festivals/clubs were sponsored and any any semblence of cool and soul was eventually sold for profit. We can only hope for a rennaiscance in the coming years..

:luv: