Graeme Park WTF!!

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Chunky

Mar 21, 2006
its the same with all the digital platforms (spotify etc), the producers recieve next to nothing, likely the real streaming/download numbers are hidden

I imagine that they don’t make much of an effort to track down the artists either. I imagine a lot of electronic producers would be more stoked to have their tracks featured on a DJ mix, than the £10 that they might get from the royalties.

chinatownswhite

Feb 2, 2008
Middlander
its the same with all the digital platforms (spotify etc), the producers recieve next to nothing, likely the real streaming/download numbers are hidden
I was listening to a DJ & producer last year and he said he got a check come for a track he had made or remixed, and he said he got about 17 quid in royalties, despite the millons of plays

Last edited:

brady

VIP Silver Member
Oct 26, 2001
Scottish Borders
www.tracklistings.co.uk
read this on youtube, LTJ Buken at it too :mad:

Hey my loyal subbers . i'm unable to upload any more mixes until June 2015 as LTJ Bukem has copyrighted his mixing even if the mix has none of his own tunes in . with out any warning i'm banned for a year . Sad times as i have 1000s of sets to post up . have a great summer see you in 2015

Ming The Merciless

VIP Silver Member
Jan 21, 2022
Staffordshire

Hey my loyal subbers . i'm unable to upload any more mixes until June 2015 as LTJ Bukem has copyrighted his mixing even if the mix has none of his own tunes in . with out any warning i'm banned for a year . Sad times as i have 1000s of sets to post up . have a great summer see you in 2015

Crazy! you would think these guys would be chuffed that hours of there lives were recorded and captured for posterity and people are still listening some 30 years later to these tapes, not ratting folk out for uploading and sharing them :fekked:

Reactions: brady

Mac The Ripper 🍴

VIP Silver Member
Jan 24, 2021
Chesterfield!

Sad times! 😔

Reactions: brady

glitchtrauma

Feb 16, 2024
I imagine that they don’t make much of an effort to track down the artists either. I imagine a lot of electronic producers would be more stoked to have their tracks featured on a DJ mix, than the £10 that they might get from the royalties.

if the music hasn't been reissued digitally then forget it. it all depends on mixclouds detection algorithm.