Graeme Park - Hacienda - 07/08/93 (GP's 30th Birthday)

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Geeky

Apr 10, 2002
Real quality here. :love:

I wonder if anyone might drop him a cheeky request to upload the full MP3 @ 320k of the original tape recording. :p

Noel

May 12, 2003
Wolverhampton
I remember him saying on facebook he was gonna stick this up... about a year ago! Shame you can't download it, allthough there are often ways round that.. but not somthing I have done for a while. :(

Geeky

Apr 10, 2002
Ok have figured out how I can record this via Audacity. Will set it running later this evening and get it uploaded. :thumbsup:

You got any of the tracks down Noel?

Newy

May 10, 2008
Huddersfield
If ever you want this sort of stuff downloading give me a shout I use internet download manager....I won a copy on another forum but the torrent sites have it..Once installed it puts a link on anything and lets you download it ...I got this a few weeks ago on mixcloud but I thought it was already posted so didnt say anything....:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

One....Newy

Noel

May 12, 2003
Wolverhampton
Nice one Geeky :thumbsup:

Newy put this set up a couple of months ago but labled as Venus (Guessing this one is labled correctly if it's from GP's master!)... http://www.oldskoolanthemz.com/forum/file-sharing/98685-graeme-park-venus-august-1993-a.html ...but this has 15 extra mins (3 more tracks) at the end

GP makes me laugh by banging on about the "hip hop" on this mix... What? the Stress Mix of 'New Jack Hustler' & House Of Pain!? He needs to listen to some of his 80's mixes!! Also he says "that was Analogue City" 2 tracks early lol!

1. Brothers Love Dubs 'Ming's Incredible Disco Machine'
2. ??? \ Demonstration 'Hope' ..cut in over the top (or is it just part of the track?)
3. ??? - "never be another" "Satisfy Me"
4. ??? - "feels good, to be back together"
5. Volcano 'Let Your Body Be Free' (Mantra Mix)
6. Mount Rushmore 'The Vibe (That's Flowing)' ..what mix?
7. Aftershock 'Slave To The Vibe'
8. Beatsystem 'To A Brighter Day (O' Happy Day)'
9. Desoto 'Now I Found You'
10. Joe Roberts 'Back In My Life' (Def Version)
11. David Morales & The Bad Yard Club 'Gimme Luv (Eenie Meenie Miny Mo)' ..what mix?
12. Ice T 'New Jack Hustler' (Stress Mix)
13. House Of Pain 'Shamrocks And Shenanigans (Boom Shalock Lock Boom)' ..what mix?
14. ??? same track as before Sagat on July '93 set
15. Sagat 'Fuk Dat' (Raw Mix)
16. Ten City 'Fantasy' (Masters At Work 12" Mud Mix)
17. Joey Negro 'What Happened To The Music' ..what mix?
18. Analogue City 'It Was All About Love' (Parkside Club Mix)
19. Tommye 'I Need To Go Away' (All By Myself)
20. Maria Christensen 'Just A Little Bit Of Love'
21. Smooth Touch 'House Of Love' \ is that live sax over the top?

Last edited:

Geeky

Apr 10, 2002
I was just looking at that Venus mix again. It's defo the same set for sure. I wonder if this was at the Hacienda or not?

I'm sure that I read that he was playing a lot of really unusual stuff (for the hac anyway), disco, funk and some old rock records on his birthday. :confused: :$

Newy

May 10, 2008
Huddersfield
Wierd that cas Parky never did the same set maybe same records but not same mix so maybe mine wasnt correct, but Stu W said he already had it although a poorer version and he didn`t say anything so I`l assume he had it labeled as Venus too...

As you guys know most of my tapes are either first or 2nd generation copies so dunno but like you say surly GP`s is correctly marked:confused:

One....Newy

Newy

May 10, 2008
Huddersfield
Oh yeah if you havent got it yet that Sax over house of love is actually Parky.He plays sax and must have cut a disk of himself,its on the Up Yer Ronson 1st birthday mix over XPress2 Raise Your Hands as well as some other mixes I cant think of jus now if ya wanna check:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

One....Newy

stu w

Aug 1, 2003
Brisbane
Thank you!!!!

The Venus set I got was a swap so this night was a Hac night then!! Used to go every week around this time but was on Uni hols at this time and in Majorca...memories!

Cheers,

Stu

UpsideDown

May 26, 2010
Does anyone know the title of the 4TH track the one that starts at about 5.30 mins track, the lyrics go 'your my Midnight Lover , there will Never be Another' Never be another'

I love the sax on it.