Graeme Park 5th Nov & 20th Nov 1991 pt 1 & 2

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

kofiluca

Sep 7, 2008
Many Thanks for these mate - Pure Classic Park from his hey day - always welcome!

I think the tape you have listed as 5th November is infact NYE 1991. I used to have this tape as 5th Nov but it's part of an extended 3 hrs NYE set from 91 - check under the mixes/tracklisting section on this amazing website.

Cheers.
:)

Malton Bacon

Mar 16, 2011
Long time ago mate but the rip I did is deff from a Parky orginal cassette that we bought from him before nye dated 5th nov

Thing is what he used to do was tape the Sat night over three parts and then do a few demo tapes midweek trying new mixes out, these were the better tapes to get as the mixing was always perfect and newer tracks put on.

He probably had the set sorted for nye from that demo

Great tape btw either way, its great to listen to all these again, loved the period mid 91 - early 92 at the Hac:thumbsup:

Geeky

Apr 10, 2002
Great stuff!! :thumbsup:

It maybe be possible that the set we thought was from NYE was actually November 5th.

Watching the NYE videos (on youtube) the tracklist doesn't make sense unless the same tracks were played multiple times throughout the night!

Noel

May 12, 2003
Wolverhampton
Still working my way through these!! Going by the dates.. are these two Demo tapes?

Changed my mind about this one several times! My tape wasn't dated, but I've seen it as both 5 Nov '91 and NYE '91... but if yours is an original that's put it to bed. Updated traklisting... http://www.oldskoolanthemz.com/forum/tracklists/35188-graeme-park-demo-tape-5-nov-91-a.html

Any ideas on this one though Malton.....? http://www.oldskoolanthemz.com/forum/tracklists/42588-graeme-park-hacienda-nye-91-tape-2-a.html

My tape was just labled 'Graeme Park - Hacienda', a mates swears he brought a copy from the Hac labled Nov '91 but I've seen a couple of different rips which have it as NYE '91... one of which is 3 hours long has the 5 Nov '91 tape you upped above before it (hence NYE '91 tape 2). I suspect it was being sold at the Hac the same night you got your 5 Nov tape? :S

Malton Bacon

Mar 16, 2011
Hi Noel,
I haven't got any tapes for NYE 91 from Parky, surprising given our groups attendance at the Hac during that period.

the 5th is deffinately the 5th, my orginal, we shared buying em, I dropped lucky and actually used to ask Parky if he had done a demo rather than get the previous sat night.

5th is probably my favourite tape

Anyway mate, got 5 Tom Wainwright tapes to rip this weekend.
Jan, Feb x 2 March and April 92

BTW, have you seen CJ Macks blog, he is putting up old MOS recordings from the 90's, quality if this is your music style

Noel

May 12, 2003
Wolverhampton
5th is probably my favourite tape
It's probably mine too. Don't suppose you know what the first track is? Loads of people are after it but no one seems to know... even parky can't remember apparently.

BTW, have you seen CJ Macks blog, he is putting up old MOS recordings from the 90's, quality if this is your music style
This one....? CJ Mackintosh ™ ®
I used to cane my tape of the MOS essential mix at the time... downloaded it from there about 18 months back (saved me having to rip my tape :) ) but he doesn't seem to have updated it much since.

Noel

May 12, 2003
Wolverhampton
Another of my old faves. Mine was labled "Mike Pickering Hacienda Dec '91" and was one of the first tapes I ever ripped. Another lad brought a copy of it in Manchester labled "In Bed With Mike Pickering" with a picture of Larry Levan on the cover... :S

Updated the tracklist thread info... http://www.oldskoolanthemz.com/forum/tracklists/35637-graeme-park-demo-tape-20-nov-91-a.html :)