"Got To Have It".....circa 1997 trance tune, any ideas?

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Jivemaster

Jul 19, 2006
Think this one is quite well known and says something like "Got To Have It". It was played out in Gatecrasher in 1997. Does anybody know what it is please? Here is the link:

My Movie11 - YouTube

Thanks for listening :)

old_skool_999

May 1, 2011
re Got To Have It

Hi

I've had a listen to the YT sample, I knew which one you were talking about beforehand. like you say, its a very popular sample.

"Feel the Panic...! Gotta Have It... !" Force Mass Motion's - Panic (1993 Hardcore) first sampled this rap. It featured again on a commercial dance version (unknown artist) in 1995-96? which got absolutely hammered - it sounds like your version may be descended from this.

I've searched using the lyrics on google and YT - nothing listed at all from 1997, or even for the 1995 version. Nothing doing on Discogs either (apart from a 2001 version by Rachel Auburn, which is also blatant Hard House, rather than trance)

It must have a different title than Panic or Feel The Panic :l

Last edited:

Olzi3

Oct 29, 2017
Think this one is quite well known and says something like "Got To Have It". It was played out in Gatecrasher in 1997. Does anybody know what it is please? Here is the link:

My Movie11 - YouTube

Thanks for listening :)

I know this is a super old thread if anyone else is looking for a “little” info on it then the lyrics are off hijack ‘the badman is robin’ the 1996 euro-house ‘italano’ tune was deely b dine ‘love me hold me’ on Bull and butcher records. (top tune and super rare) i know its sampled on ‘dj supreme ‘tha wildsyle’’.that was 97. I only know of those,i know theres more but yhats the 3 i own?