Goodtimes 20/07/02

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

ste huxley

Jul 17, 2001
Planet E
www.huxtableshouseparty.co.uk
What a night!!! This was a great GT musically and atmosphere wise, a vast improvement on the last 2 events.

People

Shout to all the usual crew!!! And shouts to peeps I havent met b4, think it was just Phil Bks this time

Atmosphere

Great atmosphere most of the night, I just wish the 100 or so peeps upstairs would get on the dancefloor as well...

Music/DJ's

Ben Fisher - Missed his set unfortunately but I'm sure it was up to his usual high standard

Rick Jones - As usual Ricks set was superb, played a few tunes that I hadnt heard for time, RESPECT to Rick for keeping it varied but high quality every time he plays

Me - The set went really well and there was a good response from the dancefloor - RESULT

Pilgrim - I love Pilgrims music, proper big tent rave stuff, wicked DJ

Sam White - Another wicked set loads of piano tunes and this guy really enjoys himself behind the dex, I cant believe how many birds he had behind the dex with him, lol

Other stuff

Ben when do we get the CD's from the night?, top music all night that I recommend poeple get

PS - Are we gonna see Ellis Dee at GT?????;)

VinylAnimal

Jul 18, 2001
West Yorkshire
ste huxley said:
Music/DJ's

Ben Fisher - Missed his set unfortunately but I'm sure it was up to his usual high standard

IMO Ben's was best set of the night (no offence Ste, thought yours was a belter too :thumbsup:)

I got a big problem with the stuff Pilgrim played (not that I don't think the guy is tallented or owt) because I don't think that style of music is defined clearly enough on the flyers for the club.

Atmosphere 100% as always ;) and a massive shout to Pacman - your head is fukked mate lolololol :D

pacman

Nov 11, 2001
Manchester
Re: Re: Goodtimes 20/07/02

VinylAnimal said:
and a massive shout to Pacman - your head is fukked mate lolololol :D

Hahahaha, nice one mate - Apparently I was discussing Haggling with toast and The History of Spectrum youth club WTF!!!!

Errrmm, and you were chatting some bollocks too sir!!

With regards to the tuneage::

IMO:

Ben - Missed ya set unfortunately mate, sure it was were a good un though.

Rick - QUALITY mate, but then again when isnt it!, Its another in the long line of top sets ive had the pleasure to witness from ya.

Ste H - Really impressed mate, top tuneage and allsorts of different stuff going off on them decks fella - Hope your on again soon.

Pilgrim - I thought his set was fekkin wicked, top oldskool played at a fast pace, it was pumping and classics such as Prodigy 'Out of Space', Love Revolution 'Give to me Baby' etc etc etc were top. Just like Rick, this guys a proper old skooler and I'd love to see him back here.

Sam White - Found his set a bit dissapointing, dont get me wrong I love the piano tunes more than anything but just thought he played em a bit too slow - Especially as the last set of the night!!!!

I am sure not everyone agrees with me, but thats my view.

All in all a top night, the best since Sy and Monsoon!!!!!, keep it going Ben and Mick, and yes Ellis Dee, Daz Willot, Altern-8 would be excellent to see at GT soon.

Pixie

Jul 16, 2001
Back oop north!
www.
Hi All!!

Sorry dont have time to write much but thank you all for making my birthday night a belter!!!

Phil Bks - yes babe, it's like riding a bike - I knew you could do it ;) and as for your question in chillout - I spent the last hour of the night in the girls toilets with Joker & Clare talking "girly stuff" not my normal place of hiding on a GT night, but even I have to be girly every now & again :p ;)

Clare & Joker - THANK YOU !!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: you know why. xx

RJ - thank you too babes :love: :king: You're a star. all you need is a white charger for rescuing damsels in distress !! ;)

DJ's - erm.......... whoops. Didn't really see any of em (sorry) spent the first half of the night texting people & propping up the bar and as mentioned the last half of the night in the :loo:

VA & Katrina - Big round of applause for your levels of fekkedness. :crazy: you are both excellent peeps.

Dannster - Happy Birthday to you too babes & thanks for saving the first, second, thried etc dances for me !!!! :D:D:D We kicked dancefloor ass m8 :moon:

Tonksi - we were on a humour filled roll for most of the night weren't we???? Zimmers in full effect, synchronised dancing & stomping (complete with nose pegs to prevent the water getting in ;) ) I can't remember most of what we were laughing at but we were BLOODY FUNNY !!!! :D:D:D :rofl: :rofl:

Pacman, Pacman's m8, Kris and anyone else I neglected ....sorry for neglecting you but when you need to drink, you need to drink.. I'm sure you understand ;) *hic* :pixie:

Oh, and I drank them out of Smirnoff Ice :naughty: Ben, you need to rectify that for next time !! :pixie: :pixie: The vodka bird has arrived !!! lol.

:birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday:

Clare Wrexham!

Jan 14, 2002
manchester
Pixie said:
Hi All!!

Sorry dont have time to write much but thank you all for making my birthday night a belter!!!

Phil Bks - yes babe, it's like riding a bike - I knew you could do it ;) and as for your question in chillout - I spent the last hour of the night in the girls toilets with Joker & Clare talking "girly stuff" not my normal place of hiding on a GT night, but even I have to be girly every now & again :p ;)

Clare & Joker - THANK YOU !!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: you know why. xx

RJ - thank you too babes :love: :king: You're a star. all you need is a white charger for rescuing damsels in distress !! ;)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No problem darlin'

As for RJ hummmm yes he loves his damsels in distress!!