Good tune - Rubbish Station!

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

sirius

Registered Member
Dec 28, 2001
Now, I know its CHEEEEEEEESSSSEEEEEEEEE..........but I really enjoy hearing BlackBox - Ride on Time. For example it was on in the local pub tonight, and after hearing allsorts of whigger r&b shit on the speaker system, Blackbox was a breath of fresh air.

Okay, it charted and got cained, but I really do appreciate the music itself. I once sat down and worked out the elements to the tune, the organ, the piano, the strings and the gelling of the bassline etc and I was in awe of the musical ability even though its regarded a 'throw away' pop tune. Thats what counts to me, the music quality aswell as the 'memories'.

Brothers in Rhythm, yeah, overplayed, but still awesome too :thumbsup:. Gets a bit much being in every retro mix set, but its a good tune and when youve been listening to soft rock, r&b and boybands for days on end, when it springs up out of nowhere on the radio or something, I still get the goosies like I did when I first heard it.

Sirius.

kells&tots

Jun 11, 2004
Leeds
butty said:
give yer head a wobble jammer man ;)

there still classics so ner. jus coz uve heard em too much doesnt mean that other people havent. they still get prolly one of the biggest reactions when played out.

so there!! :p :p :p

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Yeah they are still great classics but I think same as Jammer...way too over played (which is a shame really).. as is tunes such as A.S.H.A and Jinny etc etc...Yawn!!!!! And no way would i ever play a tune just to get a reaction...That goes against all my rules and to be honest is quite sad. A DJ should play what he/she believes in and get known for their own unique style...it will pay off in the end. Besides their is enough classics out their to not play tunes like this all the time...i never did understand why some people just play all the obvious stuff. :confused:

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
Sagat said it best when he said "Why is it that every time I turn on the radio, I hear the same 5 songs, 15 times a day for 3 months....................come on man... fuk dat........."

I personally sense backhanders and corruption in the music business ;)

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
I've got a full 4 hour video somewhere with loads of pa's on TOTP from '91.

Shades Of Rhythm, Prodigy, Bizzare Inc and loads of others.

It's better than MTV :p