Good Holiday Destinations

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now
Me n the missus are gonna try to get away for a week early September, trouble is we've no idea where to go. Not after a clubbing holiday (Ibiza, etc) but a bit of nightlife would be good, we're after somewhere relaxing, sunny (but not piss-takingly hot) where there's interesting stuff to do during the days, friendly locals would be a plus as well cos I've had some well bad experiences in both Ibiza and Tenneriffe in the past.

Wherever we go its gonna be a lastminute booking and we're looking to spend around £250 + spending money each.

Anyone got any suggestions on where to go or places to avoid?

You can still go to Ibiza and not go mad ;)

We stayed in a place called Es Canar and it was really quiet and friendly :thumbsup: We stayed in some apartments called La Perla and they are cheap as owt and the staff were really friendly, I deffo reccomend it :) Its basic tho, but clean and only a few mins from the beach :thumbsup:

Ibiza is gorgeous, we hired a car for the day and drove round the whole island and Portinex at the top of the island is gorgeous too :love:

And if you want to go clubbing, you can ;)

I think you should give it another go ;) but then Im biased and I want to live there! ;) :rolleyes:

nowthen

Nov 6, 2002
Stockport
Vickles said:
I went Gran Canaria last October and loved it :thumbsup:

Great night life and the weather was spot on, I'd deffo go again :D

Vic :love:

Was just gonna reccomend there meself...been twice, its cheap as chips as well.

Vickles

Jan 21, 2005
Butty's pub :D
nowthen said:
Was just gonna reccomend there meself...been twice, its cheap as chips as well.

It was rather cheap yeah :thumbsup:

The only fault I can think of was we didn't have a bar in our hotel :S (did yours Lee) we did have a Netto right facing though so we just got all our booze from there for next to nothing :D

Vic :love:

Miss C

May 18, 2003
New York
Yeah me n eddy are looking to go somewhere that fits the same criteria. Want somewhere we can do loads of water sports etc during the day, decent beaches, decent night life but not 2 rowdy. And nowhere greek.