Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now
D

Deleted member 6141

console approx £150
kinnect approx £70(with game)
games approx £40 ea
its ok but not brilliant.if its for all the family you should consider the wii.much more family oriented :thumbsup:

leaky

Apr 11, 2006
but if you like your movies pauly theres no contender ;) and its niether of those 2. [ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-PlayStation-Slim-Console-Model/dp/B003ZYEC0M"]Sony PlayStation 3 Slim Console (320 GB Model) with PlayStation Move: Amazon.co.uk: PC & Video Games[/ame] i will be honest though i do have move and dont play it, but nor do we play on the wii, and my eldest has a 360 with kinect and that is gathering dust too. all those are fun for a while but soon lose thier appeal.

apart from the odd blast on call of duty,we use it as a media player, Bluray and i just drop movies onto a usb pen drive plug it in the front of the ps3 and away we go :thumbsup:

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
but if you like your movies pauly theres no contender ;) and its niether of those 2.

...... PlayStation

.......use it as a media player, Bluray and i just drop movies onto a usb pen drive plug it in the front of the ps3 and away we go :thumbsup:

That's all I use mine for these day and it works perfectly almost everytime:thumbsup: The latest updates to the software doesn't allow everything to be played that way now though :|

My brother's lent me Black Op's to get me used to the control pad now though as he reckons I haven't played online for about 2 years, partly due to sniper Benny taking all the fun out of the game even though I was a complete beginner :mad: ;)

leaky

Apr 11, 2006
That's all I use mine for these day and it works perfectly almost everytime:thumbsup: The latest updates to the software doesn't allow everything to be played that way now though :|

My brother's lent me Black Op's to get me used to the control pad now though as he reckons I haven't played online for about 2 years, partly due to sniper Benny taking all the fun out of the game even though I was a complete beginner :mad: ;)

benny ? i thought he was on x-box, mind you i did see a tea bagger on ps3 the other week so he may be out of the closet ;) i know dukes on it and he kicks my arse everytime, in fact so does doddy, i think i must be pretty poor :$

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
Ah yeah, that's right:thumbsup: It was on Ash's X Box the dirty snake in the grass kept sniping me:lol:

Similarly difficult controls to me though, not putting any time in to master them and modern wargames aren't the best to give you a gentle intro:doh: Black OP's is supposed to be different I hear.

koolherc

Aug 29, 2003
Most movies downloaded now dont playback on PS3 due to that feckin "Cinivia" water mark on blu-ray/dvd rips but as mentioned could be due to updating PS3 all time:mad:

but if you like your movies pauly theres no contender ;) and its niether of those 2. Sony PlayStation 3 Slim Console (320 GB Model) with PlayStation Move: Amazon.co.uk: PC & Video Games i will be honest though i do have move and dont play it, but nor do we play on the wii, and my eldest has a 360 with kinect and that is gathering dust too. all those are fun for a while but soon lose thier appeal.

apart from the odd blast on call of duty,we use it as a media player, Bluray and i just drop movies onto a usb pen drive plug it in the front of the ps3 and away we go :thumbsup:

:confused: confused.com now haha

Might wait till after Crimbo for a bargain of any of the above.

main reasons for buying a console

A) Keeps Sasha (3 yrs old) mentally challenged instead of fighting me all the time.
B) Keeps the wife (38 years old) keeping fit or dancing about instead of fighting me all the time.
C) They are both busy while I get back on the decks.

:D

D

Deleted member 6141

:confused: confused.com now haha

Might wait till after Crimbo for a bargain of any of the above.

main reasons for buying a console

A) Keeps Sasha (3 yrs old) mentally challenged instead of fighting me all the time.
B) Keeps the wife (38 years old) keeping fit or dancing about instead of fighting me all the time.
C) They are both busy while I get back on the decks.

:D

get a wii then. wii fit n zumba n that for sweet+loads of games for sasha's kinda age group = pauly back on the decks. WIN!:thumbsup:

D

Deleted member 6141

Most movies downloaded now dont playback on PS3 due to that feckin "Cinivia" water mark on blu-ray/dvd rips but as mentioned could be due to updating PS3 all time:mad:

clever shit that cinavia
Cinavia works to prevent copying via the detection of a watermark recorded into the analog audio of media such as theatrical films and Blu-ray discs. Note that all copying is prevented, both pirate copies and legal copies of one's own content for example for format shifting.
The watermark is able to survive recording through microphones (such as recording a film in a movie theater with a camcorder), as well as compression and encoding, yet still be imperceptible to human hearing. Verance claims that the presence of the watermark does not affect audio quality.[2]
When media with the watermark is played back on a system with Cinavia detection, its firmware will detect the watermark and check that the device on which it is being played is authorized for that watermark. If the device is not authorized (such as not being an authorized movie projector in the case of a cam bootleg, or not utilizing AACS in the case of a copy of a commercial Blu-ray disc or CSS in the case of a copy of a commercial DVD), a message is displayed (either immediately or after a set duration) stating that the media is not authorized for playback on the device and that users should visit the Cinavia web page for more information. Depending on the device and firmware, once the message is triggered, the audio may be muted, or playback may stop entirely.[3]