Gadgets! What is your favourite?

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
I have just bought this guys portable record player (the one used in the video) for crate digging. I remember them from when I was a kid, but i've never had one before. Can't wait to check it out:D

siman91

Dec 28, 2002
Brisvegas
Have to agree with the ipad as im not allowed a flash phone (work one only). Only got mine to kill the time when flying to OZ however it has had loads of use since, realy is an item you think you dont need until you have one and then question how did I survive without it?

Jiglo, there used to be a guy in Brighton who would traul throught he record fairs with one of those. Was much better than the vw camper bug record player which would ruin records.

S

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
Have to agree with the ipad as im not allowed a flash phone (work one only). Only got mine to kill the time when flying to OZ however it has had loads of use since, realy is an item you think you dont need until you have one and then question how did I survive without it?

Jiglo, there used to be a guy in Brighton who would traul throught he record fairs with one of those. Was much better than the vw camper bug record player which would ruin records.

S

Yeah they look to be nice and compact siman and DJ Andy Smith uses one for digging apparently. I'm thinking about collecting all the portables after reading this article Portable Record Player Breakdown | Flea Market Funk

Aye, I was one of those that couldn't see the purpose and potential of the ipad when they were first released, but they could potentially revolutionise music making as the interface and controller of almost anything. I'm thinking this might be a future purchase to add on to mine Introducing the next Generation of Akai Pro MPC - The Akai MPC Fly :cool:

That said, an iphone is basically a pocket sized version of an ipad and therefore more usable as you can take one anywhere, so I guess that's gotta be a more favourable gadget.

Speaking of which, I bought one of these yesterday Product: iM2 | TASCAM after listening to the sound quality of the youtube footage from the Manchester Orbital gig:cool: Stick it in the bottom of your iphone/ipad and you have a high quality digital recorder and it also works with the video device. Wish i'd bought one before retrotrax festi though for some of the acts there.

ste huxley

Jul 17, 2001
Planet E
www.huxtableshouseparty.co.uk
In no particular order:)

AC Ryan media player (connects to internet router on lan cable, can connect to internet radio through it, e.g. OSA, Im listening now as its hooked up through the tele and the hifi, have home plugged it to the PC so I can download media and copy it straight to the hard drive which is connected to the ac ryan) it rocks!!:cool:

Slow Cooker:love:

Decks, tunes and shit like thatphones: