Friendliest people?

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

dods

Oct 13, 2004
Huddersfieldcestershirey
Right, i have been out in more towns and cities in th UK than i can remember. Where would you say the friendliest folk hail from. I mean obviously it is gonna be up north somewhere, cos as we all know southerners are just down right unhospitable :p (no offence to all you cockerneys on the board) . I will start the ball rolling with a big up massive respect to the jocks of Edingburgh :thumbsup: alright there are no doubt some pyschos north of the border but whenever i have been out in Scotland (edingburgh on 2 stag do's) the locals were top drawer. Also gotta say the Newcastle lads have always been very accomodating, nearly as accomodating as the Geordie ladies in fact... ;) :p
so without being biased to your home town/city - where does tha think the friendliest folk are to be found on this Great island of ours???

S-J

Staff member
VIP Gold Member
:wave: Hun....

Hope your well first off! :thumbsup:

Secondly tis a real hard one that one cause Ive been all over the show also and no matter which town or area I visited, well Ive found you get your good elements and bad elements where ever you are so for me its hard to say...

For me personally the "kindest" people that Ive come across are Geordies for sure... However you then have your "North Westers" for me will always be the most loving and caring peeps...

I like nice people and to me it dosnt matter where they hail from! :thumbsup: If they are a genuinely nice and kind person ... well they will always get my vote!!

S-J x :love:

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
My job as taken me all over mainland Britain too and to me the friendliest folk are from Lancashire, Derbyshire and Yorkshire (excluding the city dwellers):thumbsup:

Didn't notice the Geordie hospitality when I did a stag do up there:S It just seemed like any other city to me:|

S-J

Staff member
VIP Gold Member
Jiglo said:
My job as taken me all over mainland Britain too and to me the friendliest folk are from Lancashire, Derbyshire and Yorkshire (excluding the city dwellers):thumbsup:

Didn't notice the Geordie hospitality when I did a stag do up there:S It just seemed like any other city to me:|

lol Im from "Derbyshire" Mr. Jiggz!! :p

Wiganers are pretty damm smashing also... (Well when there not lashed anyhow;))

Hope your well also!

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
S-J said:
lol Im from "Derbyshire" Mr. Jiggz!! :p

Wiganers are pretty damm smashing also... (Well when there not lashed anyhow;))

Hope your well also!

My mum's side of the family are from Derbyshire and they're all top peeps when I pop up to visit them:king: :thumbsup:

Like you say, you could go to the same place twice though and form a different opinion of it's people based on whether you met nice peeps or toerags. On the whole though I think the majority of folk from the Shires have the time of day for anybody:thumbsup: :D

S-J

Staff member
VIP Gold Member
Jiglo said:
My mum's side of the family are from Derbyshire and they're all top peeps when I pop up to visit them:king: :thumbsup:

Like you say, you could go to the same place twice though and form a different opinion of it's people based on whether you met nice peeps or toerags. On the whole though I think the majority of folk from the Shires have the time of day for anybody:thumbsup: :D

:S Oooh I felt like a lille hobbit for a moment then!!

(Chuddy shut yer face before you even start :thumbsup::love:)

S-J x

MizzDeedz

May 6, 2006
sweet sensation said:
Well Ive lived all over the UK and the 2 places where I think stand out to me as being the most friendliest (and yeah Im slightly biased with one choice :rolleyes: ) is Wales (South mainly) and Liverpool :thumbsup:

in my job i speak to people from all over the country and tbh scousers give me the less grief than anyone, i can say sorry but the ETA time is running high in that area at the mo and your looking at 2 hours for a patrol to attend - and they say Yeah thats fine sweetheart no worries!!!

but anyone else and im getting right ear ache (2 HOURS !!!!! ahhhh like its the end of the world..) lol

also friendly people in macclesfield - biased cos i lived there for 18 years and i miss it:cry:

Still what can i say - i was born in Aldershot (army brat) then moved to manchester and then to macclesfield and back to manny again 2.5years ago

there are plenty of friendly peeps all over the country and OSA has a little cross section of them :love:

MizzDeedz

May 6, 2006
cutter said:
its where the sound people live.....

allover the place

the osa and pr/slsk crew deffo nice peeps ranging from cornwall to manchester to scotland and more....

for sure hun :love: :thumbsup:

Str33tb0y

Sep 14, 2005
yeah theres good and bad in all places here and around the world :)

i would say that London isnt exactly friendly but then if you go into london its mostly peeps from other countries its a very anonomous place to live in is London I think :S

AB45

Dec 31, 2003
Essex
Got to agree that northerners are friendliest. Just the other week when up north i walked into a shady looking local pub and instantly felt out of place. You know the score. Rather than someone coming and havin a go and the whole pub staring at me (as they could tell i obviously wasnt from round that way) they made me feel very settled. Within minutes of walking in a chap came through the crowd and handed me a Flat Cap, a whippet, an once of old holborn and a bowl of something he called Ot Pot???
Then he shuffled back into the crowd muttering 't one of us now...'' or something like that.
Instantly i felt that i fitted in and spent the next three hours moaning about how gay blokes from down south are, how great we were and ow change isnt good. A great night out oop north i tell ye.

:p :D

Danny C

May 19, 2004
Town
Str33tb0y said:
yeah theres good and bad in all places here and around the world :)

i would say that London isnt exactly friendly but then if you go into london its mostly peeps from other countries its a very anonomous place to live in is London I think :S

What was it Paul Weller wrote in Strange Town.......... "they say I don't care, don't know an I've gotta go mate"..........His song about the loneliness of London.

Anyway there are friendly people everywhere. have to admit I always feel slightly intimidated when in small towns, maybe because I'm a city boy, don't know? probably just me.:|
Went to Uni in Leeds and always thought the city centre has a really good vibe about it, not much attitude.

Miss Deedz, thank the lord you escaped from Aldershot. Jesus what a shithole!!

amymars

Apr 28, 2006
Standish
Most places I've been to are friendly.....worst experiences I've had have been in London and Stratford actually :S But I think that is just individual instances of evilness, so I shall not write off those places as mean! hehehe

I must big up Manchester though (minus the southern students) people are coolio.

Elev8/Levit8

May 8, 2006
blue jammer said:
From experience I'd say;

Glasgow, Edinburgh, Portsmouth, and Norfolk are a few of the friendliest places I've visited. :thumbsup:

Portsmouth?!?!
bloody hell... I mean I know our esteemed colleague Shoomers lives that way, but every time I've been down there I've felt like I could be on the recieving end of a good hiding at any second...
No offecnce to anyone, but to me Pompey is nobbut a Mecca for Chavs & Pikeys...

Agree with previous posts about Glesgae/Edinburgh though... in the main peeps up there are tops. Even the Harry Ramps... I had a jakey up there ask me for spare change, to which I just said the usual "no mate". He ended up giving me top directions to where I was goin, & wishing me all the best. Most unprecedented! :thumbsup:

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
Elev8/Levit8 said:
Portsmouth?!?!
bloody hell... I mean I know our esteemed colleague Shoomers lives that way, but every time I've been down there I've felt like I could be on the recieving end of a good hiding at any second...
No offecnce to anyone, but to me Pompey is nobbut a Mecca for Chavs & Pikeys...

This was around 1998-2002, used to go see a mate who lived down there and then started seeing someone down there (long distance relationships don't work!)

Was always a friendly place I thought, maybes its changed since then :confused:

Elev8/Levit8

May 8, 2006
yeah i reckon it has mate... been down there a few times more recent than that. There is another possibility though... maybe I'm just some sort of shandy drinking gayer :thumbsup:

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
Elev8/Levit8 said:
yeah i reckon it has mate... been down there a few times more recent than that. There is another possibility though... maybe I'm just some sort of shandy drinking gayer :thumbsup:

:rofl:

Tbh there's twats in all areas, good and bad, and you've as much chance of running into trouble anywhere thesedays, just look at someone the wrong way can be enough!

Less booze, more drugs is the answer imo :)